Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had the privaledge to see a Pantera personally since there's not one nearby. But I 've always liked their lines.

What are the basic specs for a 28 Pantera.
Dry Weight?
LOA?
Beam?
Performance with a single stock 496HO/stock prop?
What's the next size up boat and it's numbers with twin 496HO's stock?
Construction? i.e. can it take a pounding and not crack?

No hidden meaning here, just wanting to round up my education. I'm set on the 32 Dominator/Innovator as my next boat....

Thanks Guys...Rick

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey Reckless288

I can't fill ya in on all the stats at the moment. Gotta get ready for work! I'll be down for HRPA's first outing on
April 19th.
Are you gonna be there? Let's go for a ride!!

Panterasport

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will I be there?! I'm the HRPA Prez, poker run coordinator, and posse ring-leader on most weekend outings. We may move the locale on the 19th to Northend Point (aka Factory Point) just east of Langley AFB so folks get a little bay time. It'll depend on weather.

Your boat looks great on our members page and love the green. Mine's in the forefront of our homepage beach shot at the Narrows in Broad Bay. I'd love to take a ride. What will she do with the HP500?...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey Mr Prez that's a great looking Sunsation you've got there.
I'm looking forward to coming down on the 19th. I'm actually planning on coming down on Friday afternoon. Gotta find somewhere to tie up overnight. Bryan sent me some info on marina's.

With the HP500 she'll do around 70 @ 5200 rpm.
Dry weight- 5200lbs
Bean- 8'
I don't think I've ever seen a Pantera with a single 496. I believe they start with a 502 mag/Bravo 1.

Craig

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
can it take a pounding and not crack?
They'll warranty the hull for life with the original owner. They are the strongest boat built. period. They are a little heavier than most and run a conventional V. So HP to HP they may not be the fastest in the bay. But nothing gets past them in the rough.

They just started building a 36. From what I've been told by everyone thats has seen one in person. They are as great and the 24 and 28 that they have been building for years.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Craig thanks! I'm sure Bryan has told you, but probably the most strategic location to tie up is Marina Shores inside Lynnhaven Inlet. Are you sleeping onboard or hotel?
FYI Friday nights is our (neighborhood HRPA) happy hour night within walking distance of Marina Shores. Then theres the slight possibility the Duck Inn beach party's will have started by then and if so, we might raft-up there for awahile prior to h-hour. A good number of HRPA players keep their boats at the Marina Shores boatel adjacent to the Marina docks. I personally live just down the canal about a .25 mile on the right. You're welcome to tie up at my dock as well...

Rick

BTW, what sizes are Pantera available in? Is 28 the largest pending the 36? or is there a near 32 version?...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey Rick, Marina Shore's sounds like the best place to go. We're planning on sleeping on the boat. My brother lives in VA Beach & he's planning on going out with us. So he can show us how to get there.

Have you had your boat in the water yet? I'd like to think I'll be able to go for a cruise next weekend. Hopefully the weather is a little better than right now.
It's snowing BIG TIME.

Craig

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went out last weekend for a bit but the ocean water is still so cold that when you're running (on pristinely flat water) the cheeks went numb. So we went back inside Lynnhaven/Broad Bay where it was more hospitable. This weekend I tinkered with it a bit in the driveway catching up on spring boat projects before we really get cranking down here. Keep me advised as we draw nearer to that weekend and we'll definitely get hooked up...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts