Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to give props to Chris at Raceline Digital for many weeks of questions,design changes and many different color combo's. Got some time to put them on today and I think they look great!!

Recomend Chris for any graphic needs, first class company and quality materials.

Old decals removed, buffed and cleaned...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
I `ve been discussing doing this same thing. How much does something like your graphic design cost ?
How easy to apply ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have had alot of previos exp. putting woodgrain(yes that was a long ago fad) and bigger commercial decals on "fedarel express" vans before they were fed x. So it made the installation easier.

Each color was a different decal with locators to help with the alignment which made it a lot easier to apply than one solid decal. The really tough part was the body lines and the curve of the hull, and the length being almost 24'. I was lucky to recruit my wife to help hold the decal away from the boat while I positioned it. Definite 2-3 person job, and inside away from any wind is a must.

Chris at Raceline was great to work with, gave me a great price when I ordered.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Thanks guy's, as always I appreciate the kind words. I'm pleased to see Mike post pics of the install and that our way of manufacturing/installing the graphics was a positive experience.

To my valued customers - your boat looks awesome and it gives me great pleasure seeing you guys out on the water and happy with your graphics!

If you guys can email me a pic of your boat with graphics installed I will post them on the company website for all to drool over! ;)

Thanks again and happy and safe boating-

Chris

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Wow that looks really nice. I 2nd the notion of "how much" does something like that cost? Were bubbles or creases or anything a problem? Tell us more about your application process.

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Rock Steady said:
Wow that looks really nice. I 2nd the notion of "how much" does something like that cost? Were bubbles or creases or anything a problem? Tell us more about your application process.

Yes .... please. :)

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
If you are interested, please visit us at www.racelinedigital.com for pricing as it's based on linear foot of graphic and and number of colors.

I big job like Mike's is well under $1000.00 USD for 24ft & 3-colors graphics (per set) and is easily installed by the owner with a few bodies on hand.

In my opinion, with higher fuel prices I would take the money saved for our graphics vs a paint job for a similar design and invest into other areas. You guys know what the cost of 24ft of paint is worth.

*Remember, all of our graphics are repairable by the element and replaceable when tired of the design*

Chris

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Chris,
EXCELLENT website ! You have a great selection of graphics to choose from.

The wife and I are discussing a major makeover for our 24' Python this winter.

Hull painted solid white (with graphics, of course)
New interior
Swim platform
Trailer makeover

I`ll be contacting you in a few months. :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rock Steady said:

Bubbles and creases were not a problem, I had 1 little crease, but that was my fault. I used a heat gun to "stretch" the yellow into the bodyline along with one slice under the lip of it.

I was able to place the stripes where the yellow was the only color that I had to mess with a bodyline.

I also cut away most of the applique that was empty to allow easy movement around the shape of the hull.

The kit came with installation intructions and plastic spreaders, with velcro on them so they wouldn't scratch the decals.

The only things I did different from the instructions was I started the decals at the back of the boat and worked forward, working only the actual stripes. But this is only because I felt confident about it, and lots of practice. I also peeled the applicator film off as soon as reached the front to work any bubbles out while still wet, as I put them on with lots of soapy water.

Like Chris says, it was much cheaper than paint(I even work at bodyshop) and easier to change when you get sick of it or sell.

Chris was great to work with, we even tweaked his great design to match the boat perfectly. He created several mock ups with a picture of my boat, with my never ending color changes, and still gave my a great price well under a grand.

Here is a pic of the last of the 4 colors, green going on. you can see the "locator squares" to make every thing line up, and also notice the creases in the applicator film, this was just becuase I only worked the actual stripe and not the film

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is a close up of the yellow under the body line, and also peeling the applicator film off the green, which is tough when still wet, but that is just the way I do it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts