Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just alittle message to All the Sunsation Factory for all the support I have received when it comes to needing alittle help:D
You all do 110%, matched by none!
Thank You,
Mickey

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Mickey,

Your welcome, as I mentioned to another owner of our product, it's our world class owners that make it all possible, so thank you for joining the Sunsation family!!

Best Wishes Always!

David

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Dave. I second that. Never did I imagine that when I ordered my Sunsation 288 last summer that I'd get such great service...not that we;ve needed it because the boat has certainly far exceeded our expecations. I can only hope that most of your customers don't send you as many emails as I do, otherwise you wouldn't be able to reply to me so quickly... :)

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Jeff & Mickey,

Hey guys, you invest time with Sunsation, Sunsation is going to invest in you. We enjoy helping where and when we can. Thanks to all our world-class owners - like you two. :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Nice to meet you as well Dave. Tuesday 8/27/02 I will be picking up my new 288 from Congel marine, I'm like a kid waiting to go to the amusement park:laugher: Heard nothing but nice things about you guys, and look foward to joining the family.:bigsmile:

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Hey Kanookstr, myself and a buddy both run 288's. We run in that water every second weekend or so. We are going in the fun run that 1000 islands power boat club is putting on in two weeks, maybe we will see you there. It's good to see more Sunsations around. Every where we go people ask us about them! What power did you get? If you have any questions, just ask!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thanks Canada Jeff, I live in Northampton MA, and leave her at my marina. This year will be a little tight to go for that ride, but next year I plan on exploring the other lakes. I spend 3 weeks on lake Champlain VT as well.

The only question I have so far is on the thru hull exhaust. It doesn't have silent choice, and I definitely want to be able to quiet her a bit. She 2002 left over with the 502 MAG.
Someone on the board was talking about the Teague marine switchable tips. they would be easier than pulling the engine to put the "Y" pipe for thru hub. But I don't know if it will be quiet enough?
Also the one who originally ordered her didn't have a swim ladder installed??? So I'm going to need some help choosing one that is strong enough for a 245lbs 6' guy:bigsmile:
The wife only weighs 105 lbs, I can just throw her on:eek: But i need something.
take care

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Kanookster. I have had the Teagues and I now have the corsca silent choice. The corsa is a little bit better but not alot. the Teagues really work great. If I was in your place I would save my money for fuel and buy the Teagues. Like on one of the other threads around here I believe someone is selling a set! As far the swim ladder, I Used the one that Sunsation uses. I had to use spacial rubber nuts that expand when tightened, because at the factory I believe they are installed before the top cap is laid. Mine works fine but I am only 180 lbs. Talk with Sunsation and they can tell you what you need. congades!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thanks Jeff, I'll probably go with switchable tips. I talked to Joe at Sunsation, and he's going to hook me up with the correct ladder and hardware for it. I tell you the service when you call there is great!!!You can tell they like there jobs:bigsmile:
Claude

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Kanookstr, I bet you were an excited dude yesterday (8/27/02) bringing your sun-puppy home. You're gonna love the 288 and the performance it gives for a single engine 29 footer. I too have "heard" about the great service from Sunsation, but thus far the dastardly southern ChesBay has yet to get the best of it...:)

·
Registered
711 Posts
I was almost as excited as the first trip to the Strip joint..lol. Looks like the rain started early enough to be out of here in time for Friday night into the weekend:bigsmile:
That 20 min. sea trial was just not enough to hold me over till next week:cool:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Splinter was talking about the teagues. He bought my 288.

I have the teagues on my Top Gun and they seem like they'd be a hassle to install. It's a lot of hardware inside the boat.

- jeff

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Kanoostr congratulations on your new Sunsation, I see your from Mass. I live up in Maine, I do most of my boating down on Winnipesaukee in New Hamshire. If you get a chance to make it up that way next year give me a shout, we can hook up. I have a 32' Sunsation. It's the only one on the lake. I'd like some company. Good Luck with your boat.

Kirk

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Jeff , the Teagues are not bad at all. Chit I installed mine on my last boat! Drill the exhaust hole bigger using the proper hole saw on the outside and jam the old size hole saw 4" on the inside to keep everything straight. Works like a dream! Thats the hardest part. the rest is simple wiring. You might have to take off some exhaust, because the teagues slide through the hull from the inside. Thats it, your quieter!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thanks for the invite Kirk. I spend 3 weeks a year on Lake Champlain VT, but try and get to lake Winnipesaukee at least once a year. A freind's boss has a big place up there. I know they don't alow Silent choice on the lake. But will they allow switchable muffler tips?
Take care.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts