Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff, seems in leiu of recent events, it might be cool if you get a couple of photos and use them as avatars. i.e. ( the happy laughing jeff, the awe man your boat is broke, I know what you mean Jeff. The hey, you pissed in my Wheaties Jeff, etc., etc, etc. ). Just a suggestion. :laugher:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, try spell check, if that doesn't work that would lead me to my next suggestion, expand dictionary in spell check and add a thesaurus for dummies like me. That way if someone uses a "big word" I can figure out what it means.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
The many sides of Jeff....

The past few weeks have exhibited the zero tolerance Jeff.

I have been in a zero tolerance bullshit mode since I have reluctantly had to deal with boat sales people. A few have been very honest - like Hugh Pollock from Offshore Performance in Grasonville, MD and Dan Cox from Midwest Performance Marine. Then there's also been Eric Smith from Boston Yacht who is great.

I will not mention the lying scumbags that I've dealt with.

The past few weeks have left me more jaded and skeptical than ever before in my life.

The best lie to date was the Top Gun for sale --- that's sold, but still advertised on Boattrader.com where the ad says "this boat has never seen salt" which is an outright lie.

Yes, I'm jaded, tired and anxious to get the purchase of the Top Gun over and done with but I won't believe it until the boat is in the water and I'm in it. Every day brings new challenges and obstacles. I never thought it could be so hard to give my money away, but it is!!!!

The owner of the Top Gun I'm buying (or trying to) is one of the few bright spots in this quagmire of untruths, deception and double talk by people in this business. His name is Matt and he's honest, to-the-point and a no-nonsense, no bullshit kind of guy. The kind of person I like to deal with. He doesn't blow smoke up anyone's butt. He and I have butted heads a few times and I like dealing with someone who doesn't back down. I guess I like dealing with New Yorkers because they're brash and honest...like me....without the new yawk accent.

I am doubtful the deal will ever happen simply because the people at the bank are total assholes and change their lending guidelines daily. I am mentally resigned to ending the season boatless (except for my 222 Stinger).

If it all does comes together it will be for one reason and one reason alone....my will to prevail.

After it's done, there wil be some pretty nasty posts out here by me exposing the liars and cheats in this industry that prey on hard working people like you and I.....

I have always remembered what Ronald Reagan said years ago when he was dealing with the Russians. "Trust but Verify". Let that be your mantra if you're shopping for a boat.

Trust no one, verify everything and always, always remain skeptical when it comes to something someone has told your about a boat - especially their own if it's for sale.

have a nice day!

:) - jeff

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
WowJeff,sorry to hear about all the B.S you have been going through.

But this goes back to something I posted earlier today......Consider yourself LUCKY that you are in a position to go through this B.S.
Others are not!!!!!!!

I know this won't change the scumbags of the world,but it's nice to know you have this forum to expose and get even:D Yea baby!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Um, Jeff, that wouldn't be the bank you recommended to us in THIS thread would it? Maybe a little clarification is in order.:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
WOW, what have I missed?! :confused1

Guess it's a good thing Jeff's teaching class tonight... maybe he'll have them put on pads and fight so he can act out some of his frustrations. I'd hate to be the guy on the receiving end, though!!!
:gunner: boat salesmen
:gunner: loan agents

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Ah the joys of dealing with salesmen and loan agencies. I would rather deal with used car salesmen !!!!

Maybe go back to that Sunsation thing!!!????

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Hey,and while your at it,bring the ex Hells Angel neighbor along for back up.......
Just in case your sites are off:)
Plus you can make another person feel good!!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts