Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I towed the Formula into the shop the other day and decided to do some preventative maintenance. I pulled the drives off to swap out some new u-joints and gimble bearings. Havent had the drives off since I owned the boat so I thought it would be a good time to check things out.

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Then I decided to pull a motor to go over things with that. I purchased neww cams two seasons ago so I thought I might toss them in real quick

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Dang Norm you must be bored for something to do?? :yak: :yak:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
your damn brave to take apart a good running
boat in the middle of the season.!
:beers:
If my junk is running during the season
I wont do anything more than change the oil.
In my world anytime I try anything more than that
it turns into a major mission and the boat sits out
the rest of the year.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
your damn brave to take apart a good running
boat in the middle of the season.!
:beers:
If my junk is running during the season
I wont do anything more than change the oil.
In my world anytime I try anything more than that
it turns into a major mission and the boat sits out
the rest of the year.
Amen Brother You beat me to it i was typing in the exact same thing :laugher: :winker: Yes it would be cool to have that at your disposal for those little projects.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I imagine your formula will be minty clean after you have worked there for a year.

Keep it up, nice to see the old bird being rejuvenated.

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
Great job I'd say :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
:eek: This is a winter project , Norm , unless you have a whole lot of time on your hands :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pasquesi said:
Andretti is like McGyver...he will have the motors back in before next weekend I bet!
I wouldn't say a McGuyver....but I do intend on having this ready for Pirates weekend and Kingston Poker Run. I would also say I would hope to have it back in action by this next weekend. I will be gluing it back together tomorrow....saturday. Then a few updates on the drives and back in the engine goes. ;)

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mopower said:
:eek: This is a winter project , Norm , unless you have a whole lot of time on your hands :rolleyes:
Not a winter project for me....you should see this place in the winter. you couldn't fit a moped in the building with all the boats that are stored in these buidings. Now is the time to work on the boat if I am going to do it here at the shop.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts