Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the maximum beam you can tow legally? I thought it was 8'6" but someone is saying 9'6". I can't find any info on it online surprisingly.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I was told when I had my other boat with a 9+ ft beam, I would need a wide load permit, but that's just what I was told, so I could'nt say for sure either.
Maybe you should just call the DMV to be sure.

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Not sure at what point a permit is required but I will tell you one was needed when my 33SS was delivered with a 10' 2" beam.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
not sure about CA Bop

·
Registered
189 Posts
its 102 inches for the whole US but you can get away with being 9 foot and change without most police knowing that you are wide. Over 8.6 you need permits but until you hit 10 feet most cops don't know any better.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
This is my fathers 300 Weekender. 31'11 Overall and 10'6 beam per SeaRay Book. We never used a wideload sign and have never been pulled over. We trailer it twice a year. From lake and to lake. about 60 miles each way.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey, don't post much but I'm around. I drive a semi for a living, in the U.S. it's 102" and I know I can legally haul my 102" wide trailer into Ontario because I've done it many times but I don't know if that's the limit or not. I'd assume it's the same and 99% of truck laws are the same between Canada and U.S.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts