Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
Goodyear Marathons....I've used them for years , trouble free AMERICAN tires. I just replaced two and they are now made in China :mad: and I too am hearing bad things about them :eek:
Time and miles will tell :rolleyes:

·
Registered
833 Posts
I just replaced a trailer tire today with a Goodyear Marathon since it had a puncture in the sidewall. Originally it had Titan radial tires on it, but now they don't seem to offer Titans anymore, so I'm stuck with one not matching. I had no idea the Goodyears were now made in China, that really sucks. :mad:

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
This topic keeps coming up time and again.

Pleanty of people with swear by goodyear and pleanty will swear at them.

Same goes for carlisle. Both are utilizing chineese labor. Just because china is in the world spotlight with the olympics, manufacturing and global warming agenda doesn't mean all that is said is true. In other words, those US companies that are using their labor are governing the process and materials for homeland standards.
There are other companies who are rogue organizations, weather from here or abroad, who are building products that are a serious compromize to any standards and are selling this junk globally.

Here is my point, I said all that to say this: media carries on with their mainstream agenda and they treat these two different approaches as one and the same. They are not the same! For this same reason erroneous reports are made.

Just FYI :winker:

There are also Chineese made products built to US standards in tires.

Just choose carefully.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I just got a set this spring and love mine. They are Tow Masters. Yes they are made in china but i have ye tto have any problems. I did a search before I bought them and there are VERY few complaints. More positive then negative. Goodyears seem to flat out suck. I picked up 4 new ones and the wife made me get a new one for a spare for 278 for 5 of them mounted and balanced.

Attachments

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
Mkos1980 said:
I just got a set this spring and love mine. They are Tow Masters. Yes they are made in china but i have ye tto have any problems. I did a search before I bought them and there are VERY few complaints. More positive then negative. Goodyears seem to flat out suck. I picked up 4 new ones and the wife made me get a new one for a spare for 278 for 5 of them mounted and balanced.

Wow!!!!!
Your wheels have the "inside out look". I like five spokes though. :bigsmile:

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
I have a set of Loadstars on one of my Formula trailers. They are bias ply and they wear well. This trailer is a spring axle so it tracks very well with bias.

Radial is a softer ride and in tight maneuvering they will roll easier than the bias.

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
Mkos1980 said:
278 for 5 of them mounted and balanced.

Nice. How about $169. EACH M/B for 225R78-15 load range D Chinese Goodyears.

BTW If they are Chinese , it's molded into the sidewall for easy identification.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
aquaforce said:
Wow!!!!!
Your wheels have the "inside out look". I like five spokes though. :bigsmile:
Very true. Turn the rims around and they look the same. Very weird. lol

PS If anybody know where I would be able to buy a replacement rim from an older Vanguard trailer let me know. I want one for a spare instead of my junkyard rim and cover. No company on the rim but does say Australia

·
Registered
54 Posts
IF the Date code startes w/ PJ**** they are made in Fayetteville NC. Contractor for Goodyear. They make 55,000 tires in a 24 hr shift! And some are china brand. Ofcourse they just built the tire and use AMERICAN presses

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.