Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been running the Scarab-III alot this week.. lost a trim hose yesterday..no biggie got a replacement .. pulled the boat and installed.. ok.. then I noticed that my Gaffrig/Livorisi depth gauge transducer had a small crack in the plastic mounting..not much I could do ... put back in and run around for the day.. noticed that the depth gauge was erratic.. went for a swim and checked.. transducer GONE...crap!!! does anyone know if I can get just the transducer?? or do Ihave to get a new gauge/transducer set?? I heard that Hummingbird makes them for Gaffrig???

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Have you tryed to email humminbird? I think you can orde just a transducer, I mounted mine inside, thru hull, might think about going that route.
my .02:D :)

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Scraba,
If you get a thru hull Transducer you need to use a good Epoxy and you also want to make sure there are no air pockets when you glue to hull!
ducHunter

·
Registered
833 Posts
How can you ensure there is no air pockets or coring in the section of the hull where you mount the puck? Are most boats solid fiberglass at the center of the base of the bilge? Mine is all eratic and unreliable.

·
Registered
276 Posts
place the transducer in a plastic bag full of water tied shut ,move around in hull till you get the right spot. then epoxy it there. did that with the last two boats, worked good
chip

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I put a transom mount on my 23 Nova last year because my "shoot thru the hull" didn't work for chitt. First 65 to 70 mph romp and it was gone. I litterly watched it go flying into the air after a re-entry. Mine is a Garmin. I bought another transducer at boat US. Cost me about $45.00.

BTW, if anyone needs a Garmin fish finder with brand new never mounted transducer let me know, it's for sale. Not reccomended for speeds over 50 mph though
:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts