Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to figure out how the trim system works in order to fix my trim.The cylinders seem to fight each other ,so I reversed the lines at the manifold (hard to reach) and it went up and down once and then back to the same thing ,opposite movement(one goes in one goes out) Any Ideas ?

· Registered
95 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that the stanless steel hoses (one is high pressure - to rise - and the other is low pressure - to lower) were mix at the connection on one side only, where they connect right below your Gimball housing.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I thought ,so last night we switched the lines only on one side and it seem to work at first I suspect untill the cylinder got full and bleed out then it went back to pulling the opposite way . What does a bad cylinder act like ? Also I have never heard that there is a diffrent pressure to go up as oposed to down .

· Registered
95 Posts
That's what I think for the pressure but I might be wrong.

Last night I was working on my drive and took those hoses appart and when I put them back on I did mix the hoses, but both of them and when I hit my trim switch it would trim the opposite way.

As far as your problem, are your cylinder hook to your drive when you notice it? What I mean did you notice it while activating the switch?

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fixed it! it was a bad cylinder . I noticed it by watching closly while someone else hit the up then down button . The slop in the pin was enough to see that they were pulling opposite each other . The pressure up is the same as down 1700PSI max

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.