Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, boat is a Baja 190 sport, 205 hp 4.3lx merc, alpha one , 22p 4 blade comcrap prop.. when i purchased teh boat it already had a set of Bennett hydraulic tabs, and some funky attwood hydrofoils (2 piece design, that were kind of z s shaperd on each side).. I didnt like them so removed the hydrofoils and boat took alot longer to get on plane, so in a move to upgrade i bought one of the expensive stingray xrIII and it jumped on plane right away, but totally killed any type of speed, acording to the non trusty speeedo it lost about 12mph then where it usually runs and would only turn 3800 rpm.. when i usually can see about 4200.. does this mean i need a smaller prop? I have taken the stingray xr off and returned it for an XRII in hopes that it will plane better, i do not know why my trim tabs alone wont help here, any clue or help? When the tabs are in the full down position how far from a level straight edge should they be off the transom? I know the solution is throw a small block in it, but im just saving my pennies for a whole new(to me) boat, and just want as much as I can out of this until i pull the trigger on a different boat next year..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Stop throwing money away on those fins ,
throw away that plastic pos prop and just buy
a real prop, with 205hp a 19ft Baja should jump on plane
and have a nice top speeed.
Email Julie Throttle-up for prop advice, they are a sponsor here.
http://www.throttle-up.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts