Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a driver myself, this always has gone through my mind everytime i drive over this bridge.. with only the low jersey barriers betwen you and the water it was bound to happen..they are nice so drivers can have a view of the bay, but cant hold trucks on a bridge, didnt have a chance.. I know many from here boat in this area, so at least there was only 1 fatality could have been alot worse..
http://www.nbc4.com/news/17149082/detail.html

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Pantera28 said:
We had just gotten to Redeye's on Sunday when it happened.
You must have gotten to Red Eye's very early! :blush:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Just saw it on the news up here and was thinking of you guys down there. From the pic's it doesn't look like much of a wall/guide rail.

·
12,273 Posts
Does anyone know if the truck owned by Mountaire Farms, a poultry processing company, was empty or was it loaded with chicken?

If the truck was loaded, don't buy any dish named "Chicken Chesapeake" for the next few months! :confused1

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
Well I had a few to many. I thought someone said it just happened. Traffic was still backed-up at 2:00

·
12,273 Posts
Pantera28 said:
There..................Deleted. lol
You shouldn't have done that! You took the fun out of an otherwise sad thread. :p:

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
ghart said:
You shouldn't have done that! You took the fun out of an otherwise sad thread. :p:
Exactly....... :shocked:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
that's a very popular fishing spot and folks are out there 24x7 - man o man - that would be a shock to see a semi coming down at you!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Heard about this last night while I was working. We were are having lots of trouble with bridges in our area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts