Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought i did everything right when i chose a guy to build my engine. i was wrong. it has been a never ending struggle. a rebuild in 2 weeks turned into a refresh in 8. that's just part of the struggle.

my advice is go with someone you know. if you don't know them, then don't trust them until they prove they are an honest person. i have seen many rants about boat and engine builders this year. mine is just one more.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Sorry to here about your problems, the other thing I try to do is get a written estimate on all work, but it is best to go with some one you know and trust!
Good luck with your engine Dredgeking

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
remember what Ronald Reagan said....

"trust but verify".....

fortunately I have a good experience with my engine builder....however the guy that I dealt with before him to install a bravo on my stinger was a total thief....

oh well. - it takes all kinds right?

- jeff

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Dredgeking,
It's stories like this that have kept me from modifying my engines. I don't know why a company when contracted to do a project for set terms can not make a deadline or keep the costs to the original estimate. Engine shops are just like Government projects, always late and over budget. :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:
There is something to say for stock power.
Dan

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you're right dan. now there are some great stock power options.. also builders are making boats that haul ass w/ 500's and super fly w/ 575's. my next boat will be a a new generation hull with a 1 year warranty on the engines. this year a handful of builders came out with fantastic hulls. mer has done a better job of meeting the market for reliable higher horsepower engines. the future looks great. i'm just stuck with what i have for now.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Dredgeking,
There are worse things to be stuck in.

We just need to find some trust worthy individuals to work on them. It shouldn't be that hard. I started to price new motors for my boat. 540's NA making 600 hp. I had one guy tell me 25,000.00 per side. :eek: I guess I shouldn't have told him what they were going into.
Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.