Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of trying a ballistic prop on my boat, but I didn't want to buy one without testing one first. Does anyone know who I can talk to that does this? I would also like a used one to save some money.

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
Can't answer your question but I can say a Ballistic worked the best of all on my 211 Liberator. Quickest to plane AND highest top end :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Does the Ballistic prop have the straight cut on the tips of the blades?

A bud has a fairly new 20' open bow Stringray with the 5.0 liter/Volvo drive and he tried this prop. He didn't think it worked as well as his stock alminmum prop. This was after getting a custom thrust washer made because Michigan Props couldn't get him the right one. The one that came with the prop cause it sit too low into the gearcase and was rubbing. This doesn't mean it won't work on your boat, all boats are different.

I noticed you have a Stringray. Which model and power? I also noticed you live in Bath. My bud is in Augusta and if you have the same outdrive he may be willing to let you try.

Let me know and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Boat is a 1991 598zpx. It looks just like the new 230sx (red), but it is smaller at 19.5 feet. It has a 350 with a cobra drive, which I think uses the same prop hub as a alpha. I believe it has 15 splines.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
MrMaine said:

It has a 350 with a cobra drive, which I think uses the same prop hub as a alpha. I believe it has 15 splines.
I'm not so sure about that, I see different prop part #'s for a cobra vs. alpha with the same dimensions. it may have the same # of splines, but something must be different..

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a Ballistic in the classifieds, 23 pitch I ran on my Cobra outdrive, I think it will work on a merc with the proper spacer,not sure thou... but others could probably tell you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts