Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody try a turbo1 prop by precision propeller? thinking about trying a 14.25"x 22" I have 3 blade 21" merc mirage plus, it revs too high and tried a mirage 23" and its too much prop so was thinking the 22" might be just right but haven't heard too much about this prop in the real world. Thanks

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
I have a 3 Blade Turbo 21" . It lifts my whole boat out of the water/into the air. :eek: It's only 2800lbs or so and hull has natural bow lift , therefore it doesn't really like props that lift it up.

If you need a prop that lifts the bow, this should really do it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you're running a Mirage now, go with the Vector series Turbo. They are similar diameter as Mirage and are designed for the big block Bravos.

I ran a 23" Mirage plus and Turbo Vector back to back on my previous 252 Baja w/ 454 Mag MPI several years ago, performance and RPM were exactly the same. I thought the Turbo felt smoother.

These props can be found on-line for just over $300 new.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
275boss I can't run the vector because I have a volvo sx drive and they do not make one for my application YET, thats why I thought the turbo1. You think the turbo1 is more similar to a laserII?

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
I have tried a few Turbos and they are good props. A 22 Turbo 1 will rev closer to the Mirage + 21 because of the smaller diameter but should put you where you want to be.

You may want to also look at the Lightning and TXP, larger diameter and more rake for better bow lift.

A lot of the Donzi Classic guys love the Turbo props.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.

The Turbo 1 is more similar to the Laser II than the Mirage. My 1st Baja had a small block and I was lucky enough to have a dealer than had many props in stock and allow me to try any thing I wanted.

After trying many I settled for a Laser II as it was the better performing prop for that boat. The Turbo 1 cavitated a little WOT. The Laser II had more solid bite at same trim WOT.

·
Registered
97 Posts
275Boss said:
Sorry for the late reply.

The Turbo 1 is more similar to the Laser II than the Mirage. My 1st Baja had a small block and I was lucky enough to have a dealer than had many props in stock and allow me to try any thing I wanted.

After trying many I settled for a Laser II as it was the better performing prop for that boat. The Turbo 1 cavitated a little WOT. The Laser II had more solid bite at same trim WOT.

Now that is quite interesting the laser 11 performance...I have tried the laser 11 on a 186 wellcraft with a Volvo leg and it was next to useless....took forever to hook up...Now the sx dive does have a 14" drive on it and the 22p laser barrel was 13.5 but merc said no problem...i just assumed lack of blade area in the laser.. :confused:

Where may i ask are you finding a 22p 3 blade turbo????

·
Registered
140 Posts
blackhawk said:
You guys can also check out dans discount props for good prices on Turbos.
Had a bad experience with Dan's. Shipped me what looked like a used prop. Had like dried milk look and no shine. Called Dan to return and said I had to pay restocking fee. I explain prop is not new and sent pics to back up my claim. Called Precision and told to return to them and shipped me a new one. Dan, in the meantime tacked a return / restock fee to my credit card. I disputed the fee with card company and never paid it. Dan sells props and does not stock or ship, Props are dropped shipped from manufacturer. Yet this ******* wanted to charge me for restock yet he never physically handled this prop. Don't buy from Dan's= Buyer Beware.

·
Registered
140 Posts
blackhawk said:
I had a great experience with Dan.
I've had good experiences with past purchases of props from Dan's until I had a problem. Curious BH. You sound like a cheerleader for Dan's but have you ever had a problem with one of their prop shipments?

The reason I asked that pointed question is because after reading about my problem, you insist Dan's
is great. Well I'm listening, tell me why Dan's is great.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Fishbone said:
I've had good experiences with past purchases of props from Dan's until I had a problem. Curious BH. You sound like a cheerleader for Dan's but have you ever had a problem with one of their prop shipments?

The reason I asked that pointed question is because after reading about my problem, you insist Dan's
is great. Well I'm listening, tell me why Dan's is great.
Not a "cheerleader" at all. You stated you had a bad experience and I simply stated I had a great experience. And yes I've had to send a prop back and I had no problems.

·
Registered
140 Posts
blackhawk said:
Not a "cheerleader" at all. You stated you had a bad experience and I simply stated I had a great experience. And yes I've had to send a prop back and I had no problems.
Sorry for misstatement.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Precision props does not make a 22p 3 blade.....a laser 2 does (merc) but there is not enough blade to push a big boat.. bass boat type of prop

22Pitch Enertia would be the only answer if there is a good solution...it has the blade area needed to push a big i/o and the thinner blade to lower your rpm's

Maybe someone from throttle up will respond... :winker:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts