Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Cool boat... so 2 ignition boxes in case one fails?

So I have been told that Tyler is the Man for FI motors... I have a friend that has a new boat with 350mpi's and Prochargers. I told him that if he could to have Tyler Tune his computers...

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
HE sure does seem to be "THE MAN"!!

That Joker looks cool!
OD looks huge and the extension box looks a mile long.
Bet that will be a fun ride!

Congrats on getting everything fixed up!

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Yup, that Joker is ALL BUSINESS !

Hey Bob, isn't great to know exactly how the engine is running and tune it real time! I spent last Tuesday afternoon with my guy and his lap top fine tuning some more.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Had my builder weld in a nub so I could insatll his oxi sensor in the headers. Quite a difference from a dyno with dyno headers to the boat ! In this pic he is holding the AF ratio meter. We took the boat out for a couple of good runs and made some final adjustments. I'm sure its running stronger. The water conditions kept my from getting a top speed.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Tyler is the Man!! He is Located in Ruby, MI (outside Detriot) He does do the tuning with the Boat in the Water.

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
Welcome to Speedwake Nauti!!! (This is the friend I was speaking of, that needed tuning...)

Will Tyler come to VA? What is his contact information?

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Manowar and CJ, do you just drill a whole and weld the 02 bung on there?

And maybe this is a dumb question but isn't it double walled to seperate the water where you put the bung? So do you have to also weld between the walls where you drilled the hole to seal the hole to keep water from entering the system too soon? Or is it welded on both the oustide and inside? Does that make sense? :confused1

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
My engine guy did mine, so I can't say for sure. But I asked him the same question. He told me the oxi unit has to go into the header before water is introduced. So it requires it at the double wall section. He welded both inside and out for mine.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
If you look at my pictures above, you can see roughly where mine is. Upper right side of the pictures you see the unit and wire sticking out. Just before the flange on the header itself.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Canada Jeff, what were the final hp numbers you put down with the whipple after all the work? I'm in process of doing some programming now and hoping to see better numbers after all is said and done. :D

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
What are you doing ? I have gone through alot because I altered the engine with this Whipple kit.

My final numbers were 729 hp. See attached dyno sheet.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
It feels like it would be quicker to tell you what I haven't done.
We are in process of putting a f.a.s.t system on so we can program right here and not send away for any re-programming. I'm also putting a bung in for a wide ban O2 sensor and just did a motor refresh. New fuel pump and larger injectors. It's going to the dyno end of the week so it can be tunned and then double checked in the boat next week. It all has been a huge learning experience. :banghead:

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
I don't know about the piggy backing, but I am using the stock Merc computer. Things got real difficult when we changed to aluminum heads. I had to buy a computer system from MEFI.com so we could axcess the computer and adjust it ourselfs. Took 88 uploads with engine on the dyno to get her right. Then another 10 or so in the boat ! I didn't think it was that difficult. But I understand why now.

My engine guy didn't likt the F.A.S.T. system, not really sure why.

But you have a different computer than I so maybe the F.A.S.T. system will be good for you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts