Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is gonna take awile. I bought a carb,intake manifold,stainless t-stat hsg. and Gaffrig Flame arrestor from a guy in California. The guy shipped it to me thru the post office.I know if it were me I would have sent it U.P.S. Well after waiting almost 3 weeks,I call the post office today and they tell me it has been here since the 12th. When I went on the website it told me it was delivered to me on the 12th,yet it was at the post office. Well anyhoo,I go to the post office to pick it up and the whole side of the box is torn open.Looks like they ran it over with the mail truck. I get the box to work and open it and of course the crap is busted.The throttle linkage is cracked,the fuel line is busted,the J tube, is cracked,and the flame arrestor is dented(Underneath). I call the post office and they tell me to bring the box back to them and they will see if the guy packed it properly.I call the guy in California and he says,sounds to me like it's all trashed.Hey good thing I insured the package he tells me.

Moral of story-the guy who shipped the stuff collects from the post office insurance and I get DICK.He didn't even have to sell the stuff,just ship it,insure it and he gets paid either way. I can of course bend over, take a 8 foot long 2x4 and stick it up my As* sideways and not touch flesh. Needless to say I am Piss*d.And I am the one delivering and picking up the stuff at the post office.

Damn it,Sh*t,Pi*S,Mother Fu*k,co*k suck. With that said I wish I felt better but I don't. Wow did I type this outloud? Just venting

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Hey dude I know how you feel, I had a simular problem with the Bastar*s myself. When all was said and done I had spent way too much time on it and had squat to show for it. At least the guy I got it from sent me a check back for that part. It was a royal pain in the A** and I had to get it from someplace else.......needless to say I was way pissed off just like you are. Now go take 24 beers and call me in the morning...the Doctor has spoken!!!:D :D

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
UPS doesn't treat their stuff any better.
I used to work for them, part time. You should see the s#%t that went on. If it's marked "FRAGILE", look out, it's guaranteed to get broken. They'll throw it harder.
I now pack things to be shipped by USPS or UPS so it'll survive an attack by an 800 pound gorilla . And insure everything, no matter how much it's worth.
The Orland, FL hub moves 30,000 (+/-) packages in a 12 hour period, there's just no time to be careful.

Sorry man.
Hope the guy sends you new stuff without charge.

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iggy, the real problem is that the stuff was used. It inly had 10 hours on it and was mint. The carb alone costs the same as I paid for all of it. So like I said,the guy who sent it insured it. He gets his money. I get dick,and get to run back and fourth to the post office picking up and dropping crap off. All for the grand total of ZERO

Thanks for the sympathy though,I;m just reall PO"D right now and really feel like hitting something:mad:

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Yeah, I'd be one pissed off dude too. Dont go postal on them:gunner: :gunner: :gunner: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
So now what? You had to bring it back to the post office? What happens to it now?

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't bring it back yet but I'm supposed to. Answer to question # 2 Looks like I will get screwed. Like I said it's insured. He could care less weather I pay him or the Post Office pays him.

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Yep a grappy deal all the way for you, I am sure he would rather you have the parts than the Post Office, but that still doesn't make ya feel any better huh? Man I hope it works out for ya.

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Tim, I hope it does too.

Hey go over to the post about why the gallery tab is blinking.

Get your kudos, I believe you were the one to ask Jeef if it were possible:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts