Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone running a Baja H2X ? Would like an opinion on one.
I usually only run Checkmates, but there is no longer a dealer anywhere near me.
I'm going to look at a 1998 Baja H2X Boss that is at a dealer 90 minutes from me. It has a 454 mag with Capt Call exhaust, cockpit cover, Fire Ext System, full gauge pkg, trailer, and other accessories. Am told condition is excellant and low hours. Asking price is $38,000. Seem high or low ?
Any specifics on what to look for on a used Baja ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
I looked at one back in 98 at a boat show. My wife loved it and it took me close to an hour to get her out of the boat. :rolleyes: :D My memory is foggy on the price thing though. It was a nice boat but didn't have the deep vee that I am looking for. I think its a 21 degree hull.
Anyway, you might want to post this over at www.teambajamarine.com because there are a few H2X owners that visit that board too.

Good Luck!!

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Red Stripe. After looking at the teambajamarine classified's and other sites the past few days, the price seems to be in the ball park.
We'll be taking a closer look at it in the next couple days. They also have a couple new 2002 H2X's to check out, but we're almost talking double the money. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Stu
Nice looking boat. The price dont seem to bad to me, I have a buddy who has a h2x and that thing flys, it does have a 21 degree hull but the ride is good. Hawkeye is a great place to buy a boat they know what they are talking about and stand behind their stuff after the sale.:D

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Denny,I would not get a boat with a 21 degree deadrise. A friend has one and it doesn't take the rough stuff too good. But that is a nice looking boat;)

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1boatnut said:
it doesn't take the rough stuff too good.
What rough stuff ? On the Mississippi ! :D Most we ever see in my area are 2 ft. whitecaps, once in awhile 3 footers, unless you count the rollers from barges, then you're way too close.
If it gets too rough around here, we just head into the sloughs. :)
On the Miss., the shallow deadrise works great !
Thanks Bnut ! :D

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We looked at the h2x today, very nice unit, but the wife didn't care for it. :rolleyes:
But did find another Checkmate that she approves of. :)
Just need to figure out where to store it.
Sorry Baja fans, but thanks for the help !

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know Bnut, leaving it with you is like suicide ! :laugher:
Its just a little boat, a '96 Pulsare 21' with 200 hp ob. Supposedly does 75+. Taking it out Thursday for a lil test. If it checks out, it'll probably come home. I'm a sucker for a nice Checkmate, no matter what size ! :D

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
stuchamp said:
I don't know Bnut, leaving it with you is like suicide ! :laugher:

suicide,cmon.I've managed to live all these years:laugher:

Well anyway,hope it all works out.
Sounds like there might be a little stuchamp on the way
I can hear the motor crying now:laugher:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
stuchamp said:

Its just a little boat, a '96 Pulsare 21' with 200 hp ob. Supposedly does 75+. Taking it out Thursday for a lil test. ! :D
Bring your GPS. If the 200 is stock that boat is unlikely to see 75. My guess would be high 60s.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Of course you will post the results here so we can see how it works out . . .:cool:

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorta been sulking today. Called the Checkmate owner this morning to make sure a test drive was still a go because of high winds here today.
His wife informed me the boat had been sold wednesday night. Hard to believe someone would pay money without a water check. So I'm back to deciding if I want another boat or not .
:(

:gunner: :bandit:

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Stuchamp, that boat you are looking at, with a stock 200 hp probably won't do better than 60, beautiful boat, though. Too, bad you are so far from Michigan, I'm selling a 20 Hydrostream with a stock 200 that runs near 80, speedo says 86, but we all know what those are worth.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts