Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading dblvanos' tragic but very lucky story, it gave me an idead to try "The Works" on my boat.

The question is, what is the best application method for it? When I cleaned it with "On & Off", I sprayed it on, let it sit for a minute, rinsed, then washed the bottom off with regular soap. Will that work for "The Works"??

Sorry for a stupid question, and thanks in advance for any input!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mr. Demeanor!! That is basically what I did! Worked great too! Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I use a garden sprayer, spray on a damp hull, let fizzle then hose off. Then I go over it with soft brush on an extension pole. If I have a spot that still will not come clean I repeat.

I rinse before brushing just because the fumes can become a bit much.

Glad I could be a source of inspiration :laugher: :D

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dblvanos said:
I use a garden sprayer, spray on a damp hull, let fizzle then hose off. Then I go over it with soft brush on an extension pole. If I have a spot that still will not come clean I repeat.

I rinse before brushing just because the fumes can become a bit much.

Glad I could be a source of inspiration :laugher: :D
Thanks also. I told my brother that a garden sprayer would be the way to go. I guess I was right.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Nstylx said:
Thanks also. I told my brother that a garden sprayer would be the way to go. I guess I was right.
Make sure you get one with an adjustable nozzle. That way you can make it a stream for those areas way back under the boat in between bunks.

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
I think Nolan use something called Rust & Iron it's supposed to not have any acid in it. Anyone else use this???

Attachments

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Pantera28 said:
I think Nolan use something called Rust & Iron it's supposed to not have any acid in it. Anyone else use this???
are these alternatives due to cost, better performance???

I used off and on and it worked awesome, just trying to see why the change

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
ammaddon said:

Ever try using ON/OFF without gloves??? :laugher: :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I told him to use gloves when I gave him the bottle of ON/OFF, but he didn't listen...

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ammaddon said:

Well for one, I am cheap..... It is $1.19 a bottle and 1 bottle did what I needed to do on my boat.

For two, I can pick it up at Wal Mart 5 minutes away when I need it versus driving an hour to West Marine!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Nstylx said:
Well for one, I am cheap..... It is $1.19 a bottle and 1 bottle did what I needed to do on my boat.

For two, I can pick it up at Wal Mart 5 minutes away when I need it versus driving an hour to West Marine!
That answers the question....will be hitting up Walmart.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Nstylx said:

Did you cut yours with anything?

With the sprayer I usually go through about three bottles with a 21 foot boat.

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
ammaddon said:
That answers the question....will be hitting up Walmart.
I'll give you a bottle I have and I'll be down for a beer. :D

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm well ahead of all you guys, When i order my next boat the bottoms gonna be yellow and the bilge will be black or dark blue (no oil no bottom stain) :winker: :laugher:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts