Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine contacted me(doesn't use the web yet - hard to believe...) about Velocity Powerboats....asked what I thought of them. I've visited their website and looked at the pics. They seem pretty nice.

Anyone ever see one in person?

any opinions of quality of construction, resale value etc???

thanks in advance...

- jeff

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Yup, I looked at a couple of them. Seem to be well made, and supposedly very fast. They look like they would pound pretty badly in a stiff chop, but that's just my opinion. I really don't like the lines of them, but then again, that's just personal choice. I was comparing them with a Donzi 26ZX, and I do remember the Velocity having more headroom than the Z.

Here's one that was at the Sarasota PRA in April. Don't remember which model it was.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Not a bad looking boat, here is one that was at the show and shine at the Edmond's Water Front Festival.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
in that first picture, the boat says fountian on it

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
What size is he interested in? I spent some time in them at the Cicago show and a ton of time in them at the Miami show. I was sold! IMO they are a very clean looking boat and a great all around package. Great cockpit, cabin, hull and performance. I spent most of my time in the 260 and 280. I looked at the VR1 and the 390 but didn't molest them like the other two. I have a ton of pictures of them on my website also.

Brian

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Sorry I don't know much about the 32. I've never really heard it bragged up like the 280 and the 390 are. I'm sure they are just as impressive and the rest of the line up.

Brian:)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I believe the 32 shares many of the hull characteristics of their old 30. If that is so it is one flat flying boat. They tend to trim out real nice and fly straight and level. A guy in our club raced one for years and I was always amazed at how well it ran-even when other boats were kiting all over the place. He won a lot, too;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts