Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone in Michigan with a 25 active thunder that i can come look at before i buy one. i hate to drive 8hrs to go look at the one i want to buy if i dont like the setup in the first place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
how do you like your active tunder? how does it ride in rough water? is there as much freeboard as it looks like in the pics? how fast does it go with the 502?

·
Everyones Buddy
2,618 Posts
I'm 5'10" and when I'm standing with my feet on the footrest my shoulders are about 6-8 inches above the gunnel. The ride is awesome for a 25ft boat. 502MAG/MPI and have seen 70mph light on fuel with just me and the wife. My AT has an agressive x- dimension which helps and I have tweaked the prop. (26p 4blade Bravo one) We had the boat built for us and our specific wants (it is a '99) and it does very well on fuel if you keep you arm out of it, 50-55mph 3700-3800RPM depending on the load. And we do stay out overnight quite often and do ok. Good Luck with your search.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
thunderhead25 said:
how do you like your active tunder? how does it ride in rough water? is there as much freeboard as it looks like in the pics? how fast does it go with the 502?
IKE'S BROTHER loves his AT...... His is meticuously maintained and cleaned. it has alot of freeboard compared to most 25's I think. As for the performance I can't help you!!

·
Everyones Buddy
2,618 Posts
Thanks! We love it. And yes in my opinion and anyone that has riden in it, it is the best 25 footer out there. Super you should come up to Lloyds Creek this weekend we'll probably be there or still pond.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Ikes brother said:
Thanks! We love it. And yes in my opinion and anyone that has riden in it, it is the best 25 footer out there. Super you should come up to Lloyds Creek this weekend we'll probably be there or still pond.
I'll see if I can make it. I don't get to the Northern bay often. How far is that from the Bay Bridge?

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I'm usually on the Potomac. When on the bay, I'm usually south of the bridge. I go to Kent Island (usually come up from the south end), St. Michaels, Annapolis, West River, Choptank River, Solomon's.

·
Registered
620 Posts
thunderhead25 said:
Is there anyone in Michigan with a 25 active thunder that i can come look at before i buy one. i hate to drive 8hrs to go look at the one i want to buy if i dont like the setup in the first place.
Did you buy the 25 AT from TSPM in Long Island that sold this Saturday?

Brian Tillett
Active Thunder Factory Rep.

Web: www.activethunderboats.com
Email: ActiveThunderAVH(a)aol.com

1 - 20 of 31 Posts