Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 454 carbed engine. Preferably 300 hours of less. 2 or 4 bolt main and would prefer complete engine (starter, exhaust manifolds, yoke, pumps, etc). Willing to pay up to $1,500 for the right engine.

contact me: Jeff your humble forum slave at [email protected]

thanks

- jeff

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
How about 2. A buddy(FB memeber Thirsty Turtle) just pulled two out of his Pantera. They are suposed to be Merc rebuilt motors. One needs rebuilding(1 80lbs hole). Other is a runner. I think he is selling them as rebuilders so no one can come back at him for engine failure if you get what I mean.

Brian

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Jeff, I have one good motor in my Dominator and I will be having it checked out on November 5th. If its worthwhile I will let you know. Got a call for 2 496 HO's with 35 hours on 2002 that I just might pickup.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Jeff I have a 454. carb to oil pan. I do not know what shape it is in. I know it ran fine for the customer until he thought he could have a new 454 built to make his boat run 80. I did the swap for him and he never paid me and left the engine in my garage since july 10th. he has made numerous appointments to pay me and pick the engine up and has never shown. I checked with my lawyer and he has told me it is mine to sell. I can run a compression check on it. It is sitting on an engine stand in my garage and I would like to get it out of here.
The engine has exhaust, carb, fuel pump, the thunderbolt ignition, the recirculating pump and flywheel. The fuel separator and remote oil filter were used on the new engine. My only other option is to buy a boat that needs a motor and try to sell the package.
Thanks Forrest

·
Registered
139 Posts
Jeff,
I am doing a motor swap for a customer this week that is taking out a pair of stock 454 Mags, (365hp) with approx 300 hours on them. Motors have always had top maintenance. Drop in motor with Full dress is going to be $3000.oo, but may make a deal with the owner.
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts