Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if your boat trailer has DEXTER AXLES under it check the axle housing to see if you have holes drilled at the 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock position on the housing! if you do you have a problem as i do with water standing in the housing. it is rusting the inside because it cannot escape!my trailer is under warranty but the trl. manufacture tells me to drill holes in the bottom of the housing, but the warranty will be voided if i do this! this will let the water out,but the damage is already done to the inside of the axle housings!dexter axle is located in elkhart ,indiana and they ship these axles all over the country. they have not responded to my-emails or my phone calls. voice mail!if you have this situation you will notice thick rusty substance on your axles and the underside of your trailer!! bill:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. Are these torsion axles? I can't check mine right now as my boat is in the shop.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Paul,,, our Eagles have solind tubes,,, no water in our out,, no worries

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
So the Eagle trailers are ok? I would have to have to get down on the ground to look:laugher:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Red Stripe...

yes you do have do have to get down and clmb under the trailer, but the specific directions on your trailer are to wait until there's a really heavy downpour and then you climb around under the trailer... Make sure the boat and trailer are outside in the downpour at the time. Preferably the boat is not on the trailer so more rain drops can hit the axle simulating total immersion in water. Make sure you stay outside for at least 2 to 3 hours in the pouring down rain, ok ?

pretty funny huh?

:) Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts