Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought they were really expensive. I just got an email from a dealer that has a BRAND SPANKING NEW 2003 - 35' WITH 496/HO'S - Executioner graphics on a new trailer for "around $130,000" !!!!!!!

I wrote back to verify and she confirmed this was the price .... 'around' in my book means I could get it for less!!!!

how' bout that chit?

:) - jeff

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Does it have a finished cabin:laugher: :laugher: That does seem like a really good price. I just did a quick search on boat trader and very few (2) used 35's were less than 130k.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Jeff,
Reggie did that a couple of years ago. He built a bunch of 35's all the same and gave a great price to his dealers. $130,000 sounds extremely cheap. There goes my resale value. :rolleyes:
Dan

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Have you actually seen the boat or just pictures???
This is the old bait and switch.When you get there they will tell you it's sold,and try to sell you a used Bayliner:D

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Looks like one of 5 new graphics packages-Streamline, Champion, Splashlite and Thunderbolt. Each have three options of main colors-which include the package dash, bezels, controls, carpet and embroidery. These are all good looking combos-which provide some cost savings in production runs. I also think the 496 HO's have proven to be very good performers and are much cheaper than the 500 or up motors. Better like the cams upfront Boatnut cause changing two in the boat would be a bitch-even for you.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave at Sunsation told me you can use a double axle byt you have to install bigger wheels and tires....

tri-axle are a pain when turning etc....

It's look like whatever I get though I'll be towing a tri-axle and I'm gonna get TWO spares....

:) - jeff

·
Founding Member
923 Posts
Jeff,
The Fountains have less headroom than Sunsation? When I was looking they seemed about the same. Of course, I'm not sure, but it seemed close. Sunsation seemed to have a larger v-berth.

Anyone notice the notched piece near the transom? The rear side angles down to the bottom of the boat and it's notched out. I don't recall that before. That probably adds 15 mph. LOL! Maybe they've had that before. NOt on the 32 like that though.

Mark

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes, the sunsations have more headroom than the fountain. The Fountain does have a bigger Vberth....Karen and I have laid side by side in both. that's our basic boat test. Climb into the vberth and then she tells if we're so close she can smell my breath. If she can; then we rule the boat out....she doesn't want to die in her sleep....

·
Founding Member
923 Posts
I guess the Sunsation v-berth seemed larger cause of the porta potty lift deal. Seemed like that was a large area.

And, Jeff, well, it's taking everything in my power not to bust ya on your comments. LOL! Something along the lines of "she tells me the same thing". LOL!:gunner:

I wish all boat manufacturers posted their cabin headroom and v-berth size on their respective web sites. Even if it's 3'2", I wanna know! Dammit!

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Scarab3DMC said:
I'D WANT A TRI- AXEL TRAILER ......ON A 35'
Sure,,,if it was really a 35 footer !!!!!!! ( sorry, had to say it Dan !!! )

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
A lot of people give Fountain owners a rash of chit. Why exactly, I don't know. Yea you buy a 35' boat but really only get 33'. BUT, it's a FOUNTAIN!! If your out on the water or driving down the highway and see a boat go by you turn your head to see it. At least I always do. Most of the time you say "what the hell was that?!!" BUT, if you see the beek, you say "damn that was a sweet FOUNTAIN!!"

That's what does it for me. Fountain boats look like Founatin boats. Unless your standing next to it giving it the eyeball, all other boats could be a Cig or a Scarab or a Hustler or a Avtive Thunder or a......etc. You get my point.

I have a friend that we recently met that has a new 35 Classic w/hp500 carbs. It does everything really well and will do 82mph on any givin day. And the quality is there too! To me, that's impressive! My next boat will most likely be a Fountain.

Just my .05, Eric

1 - 20 of 29 Posts