Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
If it is a canvas type material, go to a sporting goods store and buy spray waterproofing for tents. I used to use it on my old boat cover and it worked well.

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
I use 303 on alot of stuff to stop UV rays, but it doesn't seem to help waterproof sunbrella when I used it. I just used Coleman's "CAMP DRY" aerosol on my stuff. It was cheaper and on sale at the time. Seems to last a season. Now I got a lift with a cover though...I wouldn't do it on the boat though. Unless you do a real good job of keeping the overspray of the boat.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
3mmakes a good one,,,,,,, apply with the canvas in place stretched.

·
Platinum Member
1,495 Posts
RSCHAP1 said:
I use 303 on alot of stuff to stop UV rays, but it doesn't seem to help waterproof sunbrella when I used it.
the 303 fabric protector (green label) is different stuff than the UV protectant (blue label). I use the UV on the interior of the boat and my cars, great stuff.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have not used any of the ones stated above but my the company that made my canvas said they recommended scotchgaurd(water repellent). I used it and it worked great. I washed the cover and let it dry laid out on my garage floor, and sprayed a healthy coat on the cover. Let it dry and installed back on the boat. Worked great! Water beaded and just ran off. Lasted at least all season as I do it every year.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Well to follow up on my question....I called the company who made my cover and told them I was having some leak through and they are sending me a 16 oz bottle of 303 to spray on the cover. Free of charge! Either they are aware of some issues or they are nice. Either way I will give the 303 a shot.

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
I think all of those will work but if you find some with Aerosol spray, that would be the best. I have used just regular water proof spray (like for shoes) and that worked very well... and it evenly distributes the chemicals

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks For All Input. Bought a couple items ,starbrite and some 303 Going to spray it on this weekend and use the best of the the 2. Ill Post My Results Wed or Thur.
Thanks Again

·
Registered
230 Posts
RSCHAP1 said:
I use 303 on alot of stuff to stop UV rays, but it doesn't seem to help waterproof sunbrella when I used it. I just used Coleman's "CAMP DRY" aerosol on my stuff. It was cheaper and on sale at the time. Seems to last a season. Now I got a lift with a cover though...I wouldn't do it on the boat though. Unless you do a real good job of keeping the overspray of the boat.
Camp Dry is the stuff I used and it worked for about a season. I never sprayed it on the boat, always took the cover off, stretched it out on the drive and sprayed it there.

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Same here. Seemed like it was going to be a mess if I did it on the boat.

THANKS for the info on the "other"303 product. I probably seen it and never paid attention. If it's anything like their UV stuff, I am sure it's good dtuff. I'll have to check that out. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts