Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the oppertunity to purchase an 86' 23ft cuddy with a 454 mag. I have yet to see the boat in person everything looks nice accept the gel coat needs to be freshened up. I can get it for 3k. it this a good deal and what do i have toi look for besides soft spots in the floor stringer rot etc? i know they are a great riding hull, any know one have any first hand experience?

·
Registered
961 Posts
That's really cheap.

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Odds are likely it will need some kind of stringer/transom/floor work at some point. It's a mid-80's boat afterall and these things weren't built to last a long long time.

You really need to look it over well before throwing down your cash. I would want to get a moisture reading on it.

Also... 454... connected to an Alpha possibly? Not the best combination.

Good luck!

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i figured, i know the alpha isn't the best choice in the world but if not pushed it should hold up, then my main concerns were if the stringers are wet and integrity of the floor. Iam curious as to how they ride and perform. I've heard good things

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Thats a good deal.

There is a 1987 Forsale near me the owner wants $9500 for it... Its not beat but its not clean either for 20 years old..

I have not seen to many of these boats around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts