Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a long story so I'll try to get to the point. I was a Service Manager at a Ford store. My designated hours were Monday-Friday 8-5pm. Well as some of you read last week,a service writer upped and quit,so now I had two jobs. Mine and his. Well the other advisor who was supposed to work Saturday,told me he wouldn"t. I had important plans and informed my supervisor that I could only come in for part of the day. Well then my advisor calls my house,speaks with my wife and tells her his plans changed and he would be able to work Saturday. Problem solved. Right?
Wrong. I show up for work this mourning and my boss is there. He tells me he needs to speak with me and then proceeds to FIRE me . I ask why and he states failure to perform my duties. Now mind you,I have been there only since the end of July,and have never missed a day except when I was hospitalized. At that time I even went as far as to tell my boss that I needed a operation and if he wanted to let me go I would understand. And Saturdays are my day off.I have made more money every month than the prior managers.
Needless to say this SUCKS.

So watch out,you thought I posted alot before,now I have even more time. That's until they shut off my computer since I will have no income:D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Boatnut, I am really sorry to hear about this.
Yes, it indeed sucks....

let me know if there's anything we can do as a group to help.

Perhaps, set up a "Help Boatnut Fund"...

- jeff

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
well,,,,, at least now we have time ti finish your driveway and put in my motor !!!!

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
DANG, what a sad story! I hope this means you'll find something even better... good luck, BoatNut.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
1boatnut,
Sorry to hear about your job! Hope things work out>
:( :( :(

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aggressor Tom, the funny thing is I used to be a GM tech for about 14 years and I was never un-employed. That seems like a lifetime ago. I have been in management for about 13 years and have been un-employed 3 times:mad:

I think it's time for a total career change. Anyone know of a good paying job for a no talent (but good work ethics)person,I'm the guy:D

Remember,I can post with the best of them:laugher:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Boatnut, you can probably get a job as a "GRAVEL SPREADER"!! You are probably getting really good at it the past week!!:laugher: :laugher:

Sorry had to make the suggestion!;)

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Damn FORD!!

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Well, I can tell you the office furniture business isn't any better!!

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
HMI

Who's furniture do you sell?

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
damn chat room wont let me in:mad:

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Check your P.M's

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Have you ever heard of Corporate Office Systems in Chicago?

I used to work for Herman Miller Workplace Resource

Ever heard of Theresa Landers?

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
I am at the low end of the food chain here at HMI. I actually work at Meridian (well, we used to be called Meridian) so I dont know many people outside of the my shop. I was suppose to go to NeoCon to meet others in the industry but it has never worked out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts