Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
There mufflers. first time i saw resonators they were on HEMI cars of the 60's . they were behind the mufflers and they helped tone it down a little . think the were more free flowing than a reg muffler. they can be used on anything that may need just a little toneing down as an only muffler, or as a second muffler, thats about all i know about them

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just me p22 said:
There mufflers. first time i saw resonators they were on HEMI cars of the 60's . they were behind the mufflers and they helped tone it down a little . think the were more free flowing than a reg muffler. they can be used on anything that may need just a little toneing down as an only muffler, or as a second muffler, thats about all i know about them

Well im curious if my boat has them or not. I know I have thoes flappers inside the tips however im not sure about resonators??????

any ideas.

also I read that they help stop water reversion. would there be any benefit to having them if you had the internal flappers.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
axkiker said:
Well im curious if my boat has them or not. I know I have thoes flappers inside the tips however im not sure about resonators??????

any ideas.

also I read that they help stop water reversion. would there be any benefit to having them if you had the internal flappers.
...I would say if you have them you would be able to see them. as far as reversion , maybe . but that i dont know. never had a boat with them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts