Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Sweet looking boat and one heck of a tail. it does look like it is going in slow motion :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not only did they go out of production but you can't get manuals or any paper on them but for a few recent years. Makes me wonder as well. I have an '88 220 Elite with a 7.4 I am rebuilding. Can find plenty on motor but nothing on the boat. Anyone have a source that would be great.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Not only did they go out of production but you can't get manuals or any paper on them but for a few recent years. Makes me wonder as well. I have an '88 220 Elite with a 7.4 I am rebuilding. Can find plenty on motor but nothing on the boat. Anyone have a source that would be great.
Still have some stuff on their website. Try here:

https://www.wellcraft.com/us/product-information-guides

·
Registered
6 Posts
well I searched around on here looking for an answer but couldn't find one. I'm just curious anyone know why Wellcraft makes nothing but fishing boats anymore. :confused: seems to me be back in the 80's wellcraft and sea ray ruled the waters. they had runabout, cruiser, fishing, and of course performance lines that were pretty popular. I know they started to suffer a little bit in the 90's but I still see tons of scarabs on the waters, which I always thought was their real bread and butter. and then "poof" gone. anyone know what's up with that? just bad business? lawsuits? bad sales?
just curious because the Scarab line was always one of my favorites.
I worked for Wellcraft marine for three years and I loved every minute of it. I actually put the engines in that boat It was a lot of fun going to the boat shows bringing votes down to Sarasota Bay when they had the vote shows so potential buyers could check them out They even build a couple of special boats for the TV show called Baywatch those were the good days
485706ED-2F5F-4FA0-8782-78B8C4D91AF6.png

·
Registered
6 Posts
well I searched around on here looking for an answer but couldn't find one. I'm just curious anyone know why Wellcraft makes nothing but fishing boats anymore. :confused: seems to me be back in the 80's wellcraft and sea ray ruled the waters. they had runabout, cruiser, fishing, and of course performance lines that were pretty popular. I know they started to suffer a little bit in the 90's but I still see tons of scarabs on the waters, which I always thought was their real bread and butter. and then "poof" gone. anyone know what's up with that? just bad business? lawsuits? bad sales?
just curious because the Scarab line was always one of my favorites.
I very much enjoyed working for Wellcraft I got to work on some very cool boats building them and meeting a lot of very interesting people that were in several different movies.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts