Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
AS I said go to the OSS Site, OSS runs only Canopy boats so lifeline jackets wontt do you any good, SRP or switlick are the most common used, OSS Safety requires the dunk test twice a year as well. getting info second hand, is like listening to all the lawyers on various websites. Go to the rule boat and see for yourself.

At that point questions should be directed at Dave DiPetrillo, Head of Safety for OSS. There are others Such a pops from the Stars Rescue that will be able to answer your questions as well.

Here is a link to all the info
http://www.offshoresuperseries.com/allforms/2008_OSS_GENERAL_RULES_V.05.20.08a.doc

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, was a pain to re garage it too.
I can start to finish the little details now.
Details, details.
From all the rain we had I pump out about 100Gls of water from Beilge. :mad:
I still have something wrong with the starboard trim pump or rams. Need to snoop around and see what is up.
Solo :pirate:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Also keep in mind, the Orange beach, Alabama race is a combined OSS/POPRA event, where non-Canopied boats can run. there is also talk of the up coming being open as well in Kenner, LA. race which is a Tribute to Al Copeland, And will be over the top with racing or just attending the event.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see now that OSS is way out of my pocket book.
Plus I have no Canopy, and no plans on installing one neither.
OPA and SBI seems to be in my relm of things.
Thanks all for the info. BIG EYE OPENER :shocked:
Solo out :pirate:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.