Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many blade and what pitch props are you running on your Magnums?????

Labbed yes/no?

cruising speed / rpm?

top end / rpm?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've got 21 Mirage plus. They are not labbed and my engines turn about 5500 rpm and I see 66mph on GPS.

My engines are rated for 5400rpm so next year I've got some 23 Mirage plus to try......maybe I'll pick up some speed?

Not sure what is meant by cruising speed?

BTW: did you ever get that steering wheel?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good info, im running 23 pitch right now, seem to work well, usually get 5200-5300 rpms out of it. and that gets me to like 70-71 on gps. have seen a bit higher but i usually dont run it that hard. i should be able to get 5500 this summer with the engines, carbs tuned up.
i got the new wheel, ill post some pics once i get the new throttels installed too....
by cruising speed i was talking like 3300-3500 rpm's i usually run in that range when bouncing aroudn the lake. cruises like mid 40's or so.
hope all is well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
twin 383's... built up a bit to 400 hp.
once i get the tune up complete and carbs rebuilt it should see 75 at 5500 rpm's........i hope, will have to wait and see

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
24 degrees

can you post a few pics of your boat on here so i can take a look at them.. ive got a few saved on the home computer but not here....
my oso expired.. havent upgraded yet :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AWESOME.... that sucker is clean inside and out.... ive been looking at your interior the past few weeks, im redoing the carpet in mine, trying to figure out what color i can go with... outside of the color in there i dont think there is a better fit, probably gonna try to match it up the best i can.. its tough with that orange... you got it easy.. black and white grey, looks great

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah.....what color is that carpet?......it looks dark red?

That reminds me.....what kind of guages do you have....they are original and I'd like to try to find some.....are they Teleflex?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah the carpet is like a dark burgundy/rust like color... bit worn down, so wanna replace...
gauges are original ones... ill let you know on saturday what kind, ive never taken the time to look, and they are not clearly labeled like todays gagues. ive got all the gagues taken out right now, im redoing the "wood panel" that they rest in... should like super nice when im done, my buddy owns a building company and he gave me some brazilian dark cherry nut wood (something fancy like that) its got some really nice grain to it, think the gagues will look nice sitting in that.
ill tell you what, popping those gagues took about 10X's longer than i wanted.. number one, cant acess that area very well at all, number two, about 5-6 wires per gague, that dont just slip on, all screwed on with nuts.. talk about a pain

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
24degrees said:
I've got 21 Mirage plus. They are not labbed and my engines turn about 5500 rpm and I see 66mph on GPS.

My engines are rated for 5400rpm so next year I've got some 23 Mirage plus to try......maybe I'll pick up some speed?

Not sure what is meant by cruising speed?

BTW: did you ever get that steering wheel?
23 mirage is what im running currently... ive been told could probably lab them and get more on top end, but lose a little mid range..... in all honesty i run mid range tons more and dont think i would want to sacrifice that good cruising speed, for 1 or 2 mph's on top (not to mention 500 bucks)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts