Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 242LS with twin 350's and alpha drives. one is standard and the other is a counter rotation. if this was ur boat and u had to pick props from scratch, where would u start? i am looking for the most top speed i can get the boat to handle.

any ideas........ :confused1

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they were the 260hp that were re camed so may be 300 at best. drive ratio is 1.50 and boat wieght is around 7500lbs i think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
curious have you run any props on boat yet? i just bought a 87 242 sr-1 with twins all stock and am running quicksilver 23p props i have only run it once pretty rough i only saw 53 gps at 4500 rpm's?
scott

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup, when i first got it, it had 19p 3 blades. the motors ran like cold crap. so i went over them and get them to run the way they were designed to run. than it ran in around 60 mph. then i managed to blow port drive sky high. so i replaced the drives and went with one standard rotation and 1 counter rotation. i have them turning down in the center for as much transom lift as i can to get my wetted surface down. in this drive change i also need new props, so someone managed to talk me into goin down to 18p 4 blades. (why the F did i say yes to that???) anyways it cost me alot of speed. now iv ordered 23p stainless cleavers, nose cones and a tie bar. so now we'll have to see what happins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts