Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I acquired a245sb that was salvaged of most parts, if anyone has knowledge of where I could get hold of a manual or a copy of one it would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has pictures they could share with me so I can get this wonderful craft shipshape and usable would be wonderful. Thank You

·
Registered
1 Posts
1980 195

I found this thread searching on Google. Bought my 1980 Sunrunner 195? a couple months ago. I'm bummed the couple guys who worked for them haven't added any information in about a year. We're still interested!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1984 SunRunner ,o/b that still does mid 40's, awsome little boat even after all these years of abuse, though the interior could use some tlc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife and I are the owners of a Sunrunner 230 SB Cabin Cruiser and find it to be one of the most amazing boats that we have owned or known of. Our "La Camanche" has a Chevy 350 engine with a Volvo Penta Outdrive that kicks the water out of whatever we are in. We had it in the St John's River several weeks ago and really got a blast out of our short outing due to weather. We have not opened her up yet but we know she will run out of this world and never even leave the cool side of the temp gauge; by the way everything in it works. Sometimes I just go outside and lay around in it and imagine that we are at sea. It also amazes us on how little water it takes to float such a large boat; I think our draft is way less than 2 feet just floating along. She handles so magnificently. We plan to build our own full camper top as soon as the time allows; it is so simple in that we have all of the props for it to build on. Thank you so much Wildbst; The "Ole Man" and The Sunrunner family for creating this "Masterpiece of the Sea" that is unmatched in its quality, craftsmanship, and presence by none! We find that it is an impressive vessel that we enjoy hearing the neighbors and other mariners talk about; she is a real lady that inherits her name from my wife the other star in my life:):D:laugher::cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know the fuel capacity of the 86 Sunrunner 230SB? I would love to have an owners's manual for this great boat; is anyone aware of where one might be obtained? Thanks, Camanche.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Very interesting stuff!! Love to hear about old rides and ones that I used to see runnin the Susquahanna when I was a teenager! Anyone boat on Long Level? Around Wrightsville?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello i am a new to me 1985 sunrunner 230sb owner could you tell me if you found an owners manuel i need to locate both fresh and dirty water tanks? if you did find one would you please tell me how to get one thanks in advance papaj

·
Registered
1 Posts
1989 SunRunner 238

I love my SunRunner and truely believe they dont build them like that now! Would love to have seen how advanced they would be today!:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sun Runner Owners Group

There is some additional information about Sun Runners at an owners group at groups.yahoo.com. They have some data in a "files" section that can be helpful, and Brochures from 1984 and 1987 that provide some of the model stats that people are looking for. I have a 1988 235 Weekender, and have seen numbers all over the place. The actual numbers are centerline length (not incl. pulpit and platform) 22'2", gunnel length 23'6", dry weight approx. 4100 lb. (power and drive used might affect this somewhat), fuel 57 gal.

·
Baaddwrench
3 Posts
Hello
Recently aquired a 23ft sun runner,
has a 305 & original owner removed the dual prop setup a couple years ago.
I'll post pics when I can - beautiful boat!
The interior is bad, floor rotted & behind upholstery wood is also soft as can be - it was left to sit for 2 years and mighty humid inside :(
Haven't found any sort of owners manual & the wiring is just begging to be removed and updated. Dashboard plastic is terrible.
Was well worth the side job I performed to receive it in payment, the hull is excellent and only the interior wood is rotted/soft.

Been reading this thread and enjoying the comments -
I am so happy to have this boat now!!
A few repairs and hopefully to be playing out on the water next spring :)
It was repainted and I have no idea of the actual model or anything else like that - other than it says sun runner on the side of it.
Located several volvo-penta manuals even downloaded free manual (pdf)
however how do I id the outdrive on this thing cause there's some covers missing?
I appreciate the help and hope that I also may assist others in repairs/maintainance with their waterbound vehicles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi...why you guys stop posting? wanna know more.....looking at a sun runner 272 ultra .........thinking about buying......how does this boat handle in rough seas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
1988 Sun Runner 278 Classic

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I purchased a 1988 Sun Runner Classic 278 last year. It has two 4.3L engines with OMC outdrives. Great boat so far on the Georgian Bay rough waters.

I was wondering if anyone can assist me with an issue i am having. When i fill fresh water into the fresh water tank from the bow, my facuets in the cabin do not work, it seems like there is no pressure, and water fills into my bilge. The water pump works fine, i took the front of the bow apart to check for tank and hose leaks and evrything is fine. Does anyone know where this water is coming from? is there a drain plug or hose that i am not aware of that is open? lack of pressure means leak, but no clue where this could be? any help would be good!

thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon!

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
I like all the old stories and origins of fiberglass boats. :)
This is very interesting. Wonder if a person could buy the molds and re-start production?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sun Runner 278

Bart84

I have the 235, not the 278, but the principle is the same. If you turn on the water system and hear the pump motor running but no water pressure, one of two things is happening. Either the pumping head portion of the freshwater pump has failed, not the motor, or a hose from the freshwater pump to the outlet(s) has failed. The pump should come on for a very short time, and then shut off when the system's lines become pressurized. My pump motor was working fine, but there was no water output and the pump motor continued to run. It is a simple replacement for about $120.00. In your case, since you are getting water from the freshwater tank into the bilge, my guess is a hose failed somewhere in the system. Disconnect the output hose from your pump, turn it on and see if you get a gusher. If you do, then re-connect the output hose and follow the hoses to the leak. It would have to be almost a total failure for you not to get any output at the closest faucet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sunrunner manual

Hi Guys.

I just bought a 1988 Sunrunner 195b. I am very impressed so far.
I have the original owners manual.
The address on the back is :
S. 6102 Hayford Road
P.O. Box 19096
Spokane, WA 99219
509-244-3611

Haven't tried the number.
I also have 1988 sunrunner do you know where I can get a owners manual?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have recently purchased an 88 sunrunner 24 ft w/ volvo 350 dual props, beautiful boat!! just wanted to get on here! lots of cool info

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 21' Cuddy with a fresh 350, Boat is in amazing condition. Still has the original interior that is not cracked and sun rotted. Very excited to be a SunRunner owner. Family had a Hard Top back in the late '70's that was an amazing boat. So I feel great about finding this gem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 85 170 bowrider Sun Dance by Sun Runner, You won't believe all it needs is a new carpet both seats reupholstered a good wash an polish I had the engine checked out an it ran great on the lake, it also came with a ez-loader trailer I only gave $700 for it.:D

Attachments

41 - 60 of 134 Posts