SpeedWake.com banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Sea Major
3 Posts
Hey Dag,

That is a very nice looking boat! Good Luck with it.
I am so glad to find some other Sun Runner owners on a forum. We bought, what is registered as a 1986 310SB, but it doesnt match any 1986 Sun Runner, let alone a 310. So we are finishing up the outdrive replacements today. Water tested the port side and it fired up ok. Water pumping fine and shifts ok. Starboard side starter dead. Replacing today and hope to get her in the water this week. See pictures below. I have manuals for the AQ260/290A single prop out drives. the original owners manual, wiring diagram, etc. If anyone needs something, let me know.

Regards,

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 85 170 bowrider Sun Dance by Sun Runner, You won't believe all it needs is a new carpet both seats reupholstered a good wash an polish I had the engine checked out an it ran great on the lake, it also came with a ez-loader trailer I only gave $700 for it.:D
Hi, I am replacing guages that were taken out of my 1985 Sun Runner 170B and was hoping that you could take a closer picture of your instrument panel for me? My ex husband took old ones out and never replaced them this past year and well, I finally made the trip from indiana to florida to pick my boat up. Thanks for any help in advance!
Christina

[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone new guy here and I have a 1990 320 Classic that must have been one of the last ones made as it was bought at the auction after the plant was closed, at least that's what im told. I bought it from my parents who bought it in late 94 with no power unit's so they went with twin volvo's with dual prop out drives. Due to health reasons it has only around 300 hr's on it but the meters show 430, only because the keys were left on one winter when it was stored. This winter im going to get new canvas made and give her a good buffing on the deck down to the rub rail the sides are good. I also could use a few chrome pieces such as the rear bilge side vents and the antenna mounts. The mounts aren't a problem but I can't find the vents any where so if anyone can help me out to locate some that would be great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,I have a 1980 25ft sunrunner with a command bridge I am doing some repairs to get it ready for some boating this summer I have looked every place for pictures on the net to no avail I live in Canada Alberta & saw your site so I am reply to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Winter work :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are considering buying a 1989 31' Sun Runner with 400 hours on the volvo twin engines. The boat is in generally good condition. It is not yet in the water, as the owner is working on the overdrives. Obviously, we are concerned with things that could go wrong in such an old boat, but this site has good things to say about the Sun Runners. Any info anyone could give us would be great. Would a survey be a good idea?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Wildbst, I had a 1985 Sun runner 245 SB with the radar arch. When I bought it in 1992 it only had 22 hours on the 350 V8. It was pristine and I kept it that way. I would keep the bilge so clean that you could go down there and eat a sandwich. The hull being finished gel coat inside was easy to clean. The hull was "bullet proof" . I have come back to the harbor in 5 to 6 foot chop and it took it so well. I miss that boat. We would go offshore for 2 weeks in the lake staying in bays.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just found this forum on Sun Runner Boats I purchased a 1986, 310 in 1986 that's 31 years with us and in perfect shape still taken for a new boat, new transom, new engines, removed total bottom replaced core, rebuilt outdrives, replaced canvas numerous times, up dated a/c and almost every other part so if someone needs info on replacement parts I have files of info over the past 31 years must be the longest single owner and still would not trade no other boat has the layout that works so well. To bad Scott Barns screwed up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I currently own a 1989 Sun Runner 280 Classic powered by twin Chevy 305 V8's with Volvo Penta DP drives. Before that boat, I owned a 1979 Sun Runner 245 with the fly bridge powered by a single 305 chevy with the OMC "Stringer" drive system. Both boats really impressed me with their build quality and quiet ride. I think a Sun Runner boat is a great boat for a bargain price and I've owned many sailboats and powerboats over the years as well as worked at marinas and marine dealers. I did very extensive work to my 1979 Sun Runner 245 Fly Bridge. It was purchased in very bad shape and I got it back to usable condition. I have pictures of a complete salon gutting as well as replacement of the aft bulkhead if anybody is interested. I could only find one other boat like the 245 on the internet and that guy went all out restoration with diesel power. Sun Runner boats were the first mass produced boats to eliminate wood from the stringer construction resulting in a lot of old forgotten boats that don't have rotten stringers. They make great boats for the guy who wants to buy a cheap old boat and make it his own without having to worry about stringer rot. I would love to help with any questions I can about Sun Runner boats or boating in general so please feel free to ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
1979 240sd I do believe!

Working on my first boat. 1979 sunrunner 240sd, or at least I believe that is the correct model. It has the Volvo Penta 280 sterndrive with 350. Runs so good. A little over 400hours according to the meter. Inside looks fabulous and is in great shape. Just a little dusting needed. Redoing the deck. It was beaten up by the desert sun for many years. Anyways, im another person in pursuit of any and all information that I can find on these boats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see a lot of interest in the owners manual. I just picked up a 1988 Sunrunner 235 Weekender. Original owner replaced the factory motor with a 350 in 1991. All the interior was replaced before I bought it. In any event, I'm new so I need to get my posts up but I do have the original owners manual. I got a box of really cool historic items for Sunrunner like a lifetime ownership certificate and other period correct items. I'm happy to scan my manual if anyone is in need.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts