Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Dag,

That is a very nice looking boat! Good Luck with it.
I am so glad to find some other Sun Runner owners on a forum. We bought, what is registered as a 1986 310SB, but it doesnt match any 1986 Sun Runner, let alone a 310. So we are finishing up the outdrive replacements today. Water tested the port side and it fired up ok. Water pumping fine and shifts ok. Starboard side starter dead. Replacing today and hope to get her in the water this week. See pictures below. I have manuals for the AQ260/290A single prop out drives. the original owners manual, wiring diagram, etc. If anyone needs something, let me know.

Regards,
Please, all of the above and most important the manual or anything that can help me disect the boat from electric to plumbing would be great. Please let me know I cannot find anything anywhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just became the owner of a 87 Sun Runner 190. 4 cyl Volvo Penta (151aq). Needs work but is a sound boat and everything appears to be there. Dual solex carbs need a rebuild... ordered the rebuild kits already. There's a lot I need to check out before I can safely take it out on the water. Original upholstery is in pretty tough shape. Wife wants a Bimini top for it so I will have to locate one that will fit. Was stored indoors for more than 10 years. Has been resurrected and kept indoors since. I don't currently have indoor storage for it so I made a frame that fits over the cockpit area with a good quality waterproof tarp to keep it dry. Have a new temporary garage (Shelter Logic) to put up to work on it. Needs upholstery work, wife just got new sewing machine so we are going to try to make replacement vinyls... using an original seat cover to disassemble for patterns. Colors were background white, medium blue band, with baby blue accent. Looking forward to working on it but it needs to warm up a bit first. (Maine) I'd love a manual if I can find one. I'm looking forward to playing with carbureted engines again... it's been soo long.
Trying to figure out what to add for electronics... radio, gps-nav, sonar. Looks like the electronics could easily cost as much as I've already spent to buy the boat and trailer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just became the owner of a 87 Sun Runner 190. 4 cyl Volvo Penta (151aq). Needs work but is a sound boat and everything appears to be there. Dual solex carbs need a rebuild... ordered the rebuild kits already. There's a lot I need to check out before I can safely take it out on the water. Original upholstery is in pretty tough shape. Wife wants a Bimini top for it so I will have to locate one that will fit. Was stored indoors for more than 10 years. Has been resurrected and kept indoors since. I don't currently have indoor storage for it so I made a frame that fits over the cockpit area with a good quality waterproof tarp to keep it dry. Have a new temporary garage (Shelter Logic) to put up to work on it. Needs upholstery work, wife just got new sewing machine so we are going to try to make replacement vinyls... using an original seat cover to disassemble for patterns. Colors were background white, medium blue band, with baby blue accent. Looking forward to working on it but it needs to warm up a bit first. (Maine) I'd love a manual if I can find one. I'm looking forward to playing with carbureted engines again... it's been soo long.
Trying to figure out what to add for electronics... radio, gps-nav, sonar. Looks like the electronics could easily cost as much as I've already spent to buy the boat and trailer.
hi. I think I’m about to buy the same boat. I’m having trouble finding out the exact model. It’s a 1987 16’ inboard with Volvo penta drive. It’s in great shape and needs a wash and wax. Everything works great. Mines an AQ131A Volvo. It’s only my second boat so excited to go pick it up and check it over. If you find anything out about these beauties you care to pass on I’m all ears. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys I’m wondering if anyone knows this model of Sun Runner. It’s a 1987 16’ with Volvo penta AQ131A motor. I’m pretty excited to get it and give it a good scrub and a wax. Should look amazing. It runs like new abs interior is in great shape as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys I’m wondering if anyone knows this model of Sun Runner. It’s a 1987 16’ with Volvo penta AQ131A motor. I’m pretty excited to get it and give it a good scrub and a wax. Should look amazing. It runs like new abs interior is in great shape as well. View attachment 183094 View attachment 183095 View attachment 183096
hi. I think I’m about to buy the same boat. I’m having trouble finding out the exact model. It’s a 1987 16’ inboard with Volvo penta drive. It’s in great shape and needs a wash and wax. Everything works great. Mines an AQ131A Volvo. It’s only my second boat so excited to go pick it up and check it over. If you find anything out about these beauties you care to pass on I’m all ears. Good luck and enjoy! View attachment 183091 View attachment 183092 View attachment 183093
hi. I think I’m about to buy the same boat. I’m having trouble finding out the exact model. It’s a 1987 16’ inboard with Volvo penta drive. It’s in great shape and needs a wash and wax. Everything works great. Mines an AQ131A Volvo. It’s only my second boat so excited to go pick it up and check it over. If you find anything out about these beauties you care to pass on I’m all ears. Good luck and enjoy! View attachment 183091 View attachment 183092 View attachment 183093
Looks very similar to mine except for the seating area... mine seats up to 8. Your vinyl seating looks like it's in very good shape. Mine is completely shot. If the price seems right to you then go for it. Just don't pay too much for it... remember it is a 1987 and parts for it can be difficult to find... including engine parts!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks very similar to mine except for the seating area... mine seats up to 8. Your vinyl seating looks like it's in very good shape. Mine is completely shot. If the price seems right to you then go for it. Just don't pay too much for it... remember it is a 1987 and parts for it can be difficult to find... including engine parts!
Seating in mine is all behind the windscreen... there is a stow-away spot under the front for gear and/or porta-potty, hatch access to front top. Mine is a 190 = 19 feet, yours should be a 160. Mine has slightly larger motor but is a bit heavier... they should have similar performance and range.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts