Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We eil be heading up to raystown Thursday morning. Will anyone be getting there then or arriving Friday. We will have a slip at the lodge and a cabin if anyone needs to use them. We are finally taking the webbcraft out and not just for a few hours. :D

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
It's about time. :laugher: :winker: :winker: I'll be at Raystown Saturday.

·
Registered
833 Posts
i'm going to be at raystown on friday and drunk as a monkey on rollerskates :D got to try and forget everything in 2 days :D

·
Dirty
651 Posts
hitting the goose

rock out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drnk :drnk :drnk :drnk :drnk :drnk :drnk :drnk :drnk :drnk :drnk :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1:

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
I am in Florida now through the 8th. If plans work out, we will be watching fireworks with Mr. Demeanor and wife on his boat in Venice. :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
My cousin and I might be heading up to Torch Lake with our boats. The weather is supposed to be awsome! I think the Blue Angels are going to be flying over Grand Traverse Bay at Traverse City too. It sounds like it may be a great weekend. Look for a mostly white 1988 32' Baja and a white/yellow 32' Active Thunder.

Anyone else going up there????

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
DonMan said:
I am in Florida now through the 8th. If plans work out, we will be watching fireworks with Mr. Demeanor and wife on his boat in Venice. :)
If they don't work out, just about every town of the beach has a display. I went out on an overnight fishing trip one time on the 4th. It left Clearwater right as it was getting dark. I could see fireworks displays from Tarpon Springs to Sarasota.

I watched them by boat once. Never again. We were anchored by the Clearwater Causeway, and the ashes from the fireworks were actually drifing down on us, which was cool. We were laying of the deck, looking straight up. But, hundreds of boats leaving all at once, about half of them with drunk captains, a third that have no running light. Then, the back up at the boat launch. I watch them from land now.

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
KAAMA said:
My cousin and I might be heading up to Torch Lake with our boats.
You lucky ba$-__d!!!!!!!!!!

I been trying to plan a boating trip up there for 3+ years. I keep getting roped into the inland water route in Cheyboygan and Higgins Lake instead!
We spent on 4th at Elk Rapids and watched the Blue Angels over GT Bay! That was a real good time!

ENJOY!!!

I'll be on Murray Lake (home) with some friends and relatives watching the neighbor blow up $8k worth of BIG STUFF. Gets a lil' bigger every year!! THIS GUY DOES A FANTASTIC display!!! I attempted to help him peddle a few extra wares (fireworks, not drugs or anything silly like that)to offset his cost this year. Nice to know someone licensed to sell "the good stuff".

Everyone ENJOY and BE :) SAFE!!!!!!! :D

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Greatest fireworks display I have ever seen is put on by the Marine Trades Association of Maryland every year on the closest Saturday, before or after to the 4th, this year it is July 5th.

There will be a large barge positioned out in Middle River in front of Eastern Yacht Club loaded to capacity with some major fireworks that last close to an hour!

Galloway Creek is a great place to drop the hook and watch the show, which starts at dusk.

·
Registered
488 Posts
RSCHAP1 said:
You lucky ba$-__d!!!!!!!!!!

I been trying to plan a boating trip up there for 3+ years. I keep getting roped into the inland water route in Cheyboygan and Higgins Lake instead!
We spent on 4th at Elk Rapids and watched the Blue Angels over GT Bay! That was a real good time!

ENJOY!!!
You a funny guy! :D Anyway, I don't think you will suffer by going to Cheyboygan and the Cheyboygan River---that is some fantastic boating up there!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts