1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted 32 Sunsation for Jim Warden, Havre DeGrace, MD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I did paint the deck (not inside!) I'm trying to attach more photos but they seem to be too large of a file. I'll keep trying.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black Thunder

46 Black Thunder

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boatnut, Skip and his friend came for a visit last Friday. I've been working on a van with a Jimmy Buffet style theme that they got a kick out of. They wanted me to send some in-process photos to you so that you could forward to them, Ok?

I'll download tomorrow. Maybe I'll post them in this forum when finished. Thanks

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Mitcher T said:
Boatnut, Skip and his friend came for a visit last Friday. I've been working on a van with a Jimmy Buffet style theme that they got a kick out of. They wanted me to send some in-process photos to you so that you could forward to them, Ok?

I'll download tomorrow. Maybe I'll post them in this forum when finished. Thanks

Mitcher T-I am a huge Buffett fan. I would love to see your next work of art. send them to
[email protected]
This way you do not have to go thru the forum.

Thanks......can't wait

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Looks fantastic Mitcher T!!! Keep em coming!!:D

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Hey Mitcher very impresive, just like the job you have done on my Sunsation. Question, is there a reason you do not paint the rub rail. I have seen it painted on others like Active Thunder and Advantage. Is there to much flex or is it that it would not last after bumping the dock.
Also if you could E-mail me at [email protected] I am looking for a rough price on painting something like what you have done on that 32' on my fathers 36' Apache. When ever you have some time, thanx.:)

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Mitcher-T,
Very Nice job on the boats you posted!!!!:) :) :)
ducHunter

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rubrail painting

The reasons you mentioned about not painting the rubrail are right on. Also, most rails are made of a rubber composite which makes it practically impossible to paint, along with the teflon seat ithat mounts to the boat. The first time you bump into something, it is chipped (or gouged) and is then a constant eyesore and just reminds everyone of the age of the boat.

I also don't mask directly up to the railing. Within 1 or 2 years, the constant flexing of the boat will begin to chip away some of the edges of the paint. The solution is to mask at least 1/8" away from the item. The result is a consistently clean paintline that wont be compromised.

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
1boatnut said:

Mitcher T-I am a huge Buffett fan. I would love to see your next work of art. send them to
[email protected]
This way you do not have to go thru the forum.

Thanks......can't wait
Who's NOT a Buffett (and Mitcher T) fan... post the pics here so we all can see!!! ;)

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Don't worry geb,he will post them on speedwake. He was just sending me some work in progress shots at the request of another member:D

I wouldn't dare suggest I be the only one to see them,and cut out my fastboat brothers and sisters:)

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
greeneyedbeacher said:

Who's NOT a Buffett (and Mitcher T) fan... post the pics here so we all can see!!! ;)
[/QUOTE

OK, Here are some in-process pics of the van. There is still lettering to go on it this coming week, so stay tuned.]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
adding foliage

beginning to come together

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18