Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to see what type of interent service all of you are using. 56k modem, dsl, cable, T1, etc. Anyone ever tried that wireless service yet? I have a few friends that have it on their laptops and they can check email right on their boats. Maybe not the best way to spend your weekend, but I know there are times when you might want to. looks like the weather this weekdn is gonna be great. Have fun boating.

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all of the replys. the reason I am asking is
because we notice that some people are not able to watch video clips due to slow computers and connection speeds. this information will help us to create faster and quicker loading videos and streams so everyone can watch. anyone else???:D

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should probably send all the questionable ones(one's with girls)directly to me to preview 1st. This way you won't have to bother the other forum members with something that might get deleted anyway:D

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
dial up from home, T1 at work

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Cable modem with 56K modem backup. Rarely needed. If you need to take your computer on your boat to stay connected to the internet you might want to

GET A LIFE

:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Found this link with internet speed tests.
Internet Speed

Tested mine and it came back as 285.3 Kbits/s or 35 Kbytes/s.
Don't try it a second time using the same site. Use a different one or else it'll come back reading off the charts.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Live in the backwoods (State game and recreation area). Have to rely on the good ol' phone lines. No cable available.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts