Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Either, I like the 2' chop better, alot less chine walking. My boat tops out at pretty much the same speed in most water conditons, just depends on whose riding and If they can take the ride in rougher water. Had some 3-4' chop today. Ran it at 63-65 gps alongside some poker run guys. I just adjust the tabs and bring the bow down a little to soften some of the blows.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
72 Flat, 74 chop ( on speedo, so knock a couple off those )

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Well temperature and humidity play a role too but I can hit 90 most days on up to a foot of chop. More than a foot depends on how much testosterone and how much I dare to stress the drive.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
70.8 gps in flat water, plenty of throtte to go, but chine walk started to get me. Haven't run it in a good chop wide open, yet, spend more time in the rough stuff at 60. Ran a Hydrostream at 80 top end on flat water, really don't care about runnin' a Sunsation in flat water at 75mph!

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Depends on how windy it is.....high winds20mph,no wind21mph,thats in a chop or not:D

Truthfully not sure,if obnoxus is doing 74,I'm doing 72????????

I will get a true gps and post with the results

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Ah,,don't let him fool you,, if im doing 74, he's doing 76 !!!!

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Guys, Jeff is checking this post to see how fast his new boat has to go to be King of the Hill- His competative spirit you know.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts