Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Muskegon Michigan and surrounding waterways :p
Dont spend much time out on Lake Michigan though. Its usually too rough for my little boat.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
I boat in the great Northwest. Puget Sound and the is hundreds of miles of boating here in Seattle WA. We also go to
Lake Washington but if we want to get out for some great weather we go to Eastern Washington on the Columbia River. You can expect to always have nice weather on the east side of the mountians.
ducHunter:D :cool: :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
My family and I boat on the upper Mississippi River every weekend. We run around with about 8 other hot rodders from the Great river harbor camp ground.
Mark:cool:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
I boat on the Northern half of the Chesapeake Bay and it's tributaries. I also boat a little on the C&D (Chesapeake and Delaware) Canal.

The C&D is interesting because there is a lot of commercial traffic on a path of water two football fields wide. It is man made and maintained by the Army Corp of engineers.

The Bay is great because there are NO decibel restrictions and no speed limits. Becuase it's shallow, the water gets warm during the summer. The only downside to boating on the bay is that there's a lot of shallow water - so you need charts if you venture into unfamiliar areas. The bottom is VERY mucky. The northern half of the bay is technically 'brackish' (lighly salty), but where I boat at the Northern-most end is all fresh water fed by the Susquehana River from Pennsylvania. I could go on and on about all the beautiful spots. Visit my personal website and see my tour of the bay.

http://www.sunsation288.com

- jeff

·
Registered
275 Posts
I usually boat on the lakes around GA, SC, AL, TN, & NC, but will go to the ocean, or gulf when time permits, Also Boat in NY when I go on vacation.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I can't speak for MOST people but I do my boating on Lake George in NY, the Queen of the American Lakes.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
laster, you are right my friend. Lake George is beautiful. I've actually boated there a few times. went up the lake a few miles and dropped anchor (tied up) by one of those little islands. too bad the water is SO [email protected]#$%$%

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
AH, you just have thin blood. Try swimming off the coast of Maine sometime. The water temps go as high as (on a really good day) 60 degrees. Average is more like 52. Last summer, the water temp at Lake George averaged around 70-75 from mid June to mid Sept. If you can work a trip to the Lake into your schedule this summer maybe we can hook up. There are quite a few boaters from (ahem) another BB up here. I can introduce you to some of them.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
We boat mostly in the freshwater lakes in the Orlando and Kissimmee areas.
Maybe this year I'll be able to haul it over to either coast and run it in salt for the first time in it's life.
The wife even has an idea for an adventure trip. She'd like to try and run it up the Intracoastal to New Jersey. I think it'll be a cool trip. although it won't be this year.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
I bought my latest boat in fall of last year, so I boat in my imaginary world online listening to you guys from the warm states. When we finally thaw out in Michigan, I will do most boating on Lake St Clair and the Detroit River.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts