Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
tcob said:
what the hell is wrong with all you checkmate guys ? mods , mods, mods , you all want to go faster :winker: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:
Have you done anything to yours ?(pot calling the kettle black ?) :D ;)

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
hotbeek said:
Have you done anything to yours ?(pot calling the kettle black ?) :D ;)
not a thing . and no plans to for the first time in my life. :D. last summer was the first year since 85 or 86 that i didn't "modify"a perfectly good boat. " therapy" was very expensive . i think i am cured :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I am here, checking in.

Hobeek how do you like the simon motor?

I am sorta interested in one but everything I read tells me that its within 1 mph slower or faster depending on the hull of what I already have (300x).

·
Registered
510 Posts
I don't have a full blown Simon Motor. I started with a 225EFI 3.0L. I have gained 12 mph with the mods I have. I'm guessing I'm at about 285-290HP. Eric's full blown motors can range from 335-355. I'm sure your 300x is 335+HP so I'm not sure how much more you will gain ?(maybe 15-20HP) I have a close friend who has a nearly identical boat. He just rigged his with a 300x last fall. We'll be making some serious runs this season. From what I've gathered, my boat with a 300x has run about 90-91 mph. I have run my warmed up motor to a best of 84.2 mph(gps). I'm hoping with a few little tweaks to get 85mph(gps). :confused:

·
Registered
510 Posts
UP_ROKTOY said:
I am here, checking in.

Hobeek how do you like the simon motor?

I am sorta interested in one but everything I read tells me that its within 1 mph slower or faster depending on the hull of what I already have (300x).
I'm not sure what he'd be able to squeeze out for you. I think the people who are seeing the biggest gains are those like myself who had small 3.0L 225's. I know he does have some 300x tricks. If you're ever interested give him a call. He's real easy to talk to. He'll run you through some different scenarios. 99% of the time he'll be the one answering the phone.

·
Registered
510 Posts
UP_ROKTOY said:
hotbeek did you see the 300x with a 300xs crank that simon posted a dyno sheet of? :D
I saw the results and dyno pull on it. He's got more HP with that combo to come. He's planning on bumping the compression after they get atleast 10 hrs on the water with it. I wouldn't doubt he could pull close to a reliable 400HP from that setup.

We will see !! :D

P.S. I upgraded my engine to a cross breed 300X. I smoked my last powerhead(fall of 2008) putting 100HP shot of nitrous through it. The hit was awesome but unfortunately very short lived in the hands of a power monger !! LOL !

21 - 29 of 29 Posts