Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeneyedbeacher got a private message this morning from a relatively new member wondring whether the nice messages welcoming him to the forum were real messages or were generated by some sort of script. He understood from reading messages that she was one of the founders. (She certainly put up with me when I was so cranky every night working late hours getting the forum up and running). Even labors of love can try the patience....(it's actually computers that try my patience - why can't they just do what I wany them to do instead of doing that I program them to do?)

In an automated world with automated responses I think it's great that even as we grow we take time to welcome new members to the forum.

Thanks to all of your for making this such a nice place.

- jeff
:)
your humble forum slave...

and finally - who is Gilla anyway - even I don't KNOW!!!!!

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
since i am a brand new member as well, i just wanted to say thanks to everyone who took the time to welcome me to your group. i've spent alot of time reading all your previous posts and it's nice to see that there isn't any of the negative crap that you see on other boards. this is a first class site and look forward to getting to know some of you. happy and safe boating and welcome to the board gilla.

p.s. anyone know alot about gaffrig fuel gauges. i just replaced the sender and i know the guage is getting power and the thing is STILL NOT working!! Am i missing something? and yes- there is gas in the tank.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It is possible that your ground at the tank is bad. This is very bad. Check it soon because static electricity that has no path to ground is a dangerous thing:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
check continuity from the sending unit wire to the guage not just power and ground

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey obnoxus. I have the same problem in 222 Stinger and I checked continuity and there is one continuous wire hat runs from the tank to the guage.....what else should I look for???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts