Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wells Fargo

Votes: 2 66.7%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m moving and the nearest Wells Fargo is 14 miles away. I like WF, but may need to switch to a closer bank.
I have 3 other banks with 10 miles. Do any of you bank with these ? Or should I stay with Wells Fargo ?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have bank of america now. they were a bitch when the took over fleet but they seem better not still not happy with them but better. I do like wachovia but you did not ask about them.

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
I have an account with Bank Am. but don't like them. I use them for some selfish reasons and that is it. Do most of my transactions with a credit union; safer. :bigsmile:

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Many years ago I ended up at Bank of America by way of a couple mergers here in Maryland, I never saw a bank with as many fees as BA!

When I bought my current house one of the local banks, 1st Mariner, was closest to the house so I moved my accounts from BA to Mariner.

I use them only for the convenience for me. They are the account I deposit my money and pay bills. Their problem is they have very low money market rates for my "quick access" funds so I transfer the overage to ING for my liquid cash holdings. I get 4 times the rate paid by 1st Mariner at ING. I can also move funds from either 1st Mariner, ING and my stock accounts quickly on-line.

Banking on line is so slick today that you can have a bank of convenience close to home and move your cash all over with the click of a mouse! Some banks will even let you deposit checks by scanning them at home and the funds transfer electronically without the need to visit the local branch.

Bottom line is, I wouldn't want my bank to be a 14 mile drive one way! :confused1

If you like Wells Fargo keep it for the parts you like but use the closest one to your house for deposits and convenience! Just be sure they have a friendly web site for moving money around. :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ghart said:
Bottom line is, I wouldn't want my bank to be a 14 mile drive one way! :confused1

If you like Wells Fargo keep it for the parts you like but use the closest one to your house for deposits and convenience! Just be sure they have a friendly web site for moving money around. :bigsmile:
Yes Gil, that is what I`m thinking. I need to check out my local options. There seems to be a few "small", local banks right in town, not far from home.

·
Registered
291 Posts
We use Chase but by default as that is who bought out our previous bank. Don't really care for them much but we have a relationship with the people in the local branch so that helps get things done.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
They all suck in one way or another! I have an account with Chase...been a few times where a deposit and a withdrawal landed on the same day ...got hit with a fee for not maintaining a $1k balance in the account....then you have to go through the hassle of calling and getting things straightened out etc...The branch by my house sucks cause i think English is a third language there! :( And does anyplace ever have any LIVE people answering phones anymore? I call and its always automated..then you have to WAIT for the next avail teller....every-time i go in there they are sitting around on their a$$es! :mad:

Citibank i have had a credit card with...cant say i had any bad experiences with them except for when i closed out the account....i paid the full balance off and next month i got another bill! I call and come to find out that you need two full months of $0 balance to not be charged interest!?!?!?!? SO i got a bill for the interest on what WAS my last balance!!! if i knew that i would have left .10 in the account and then paid it off next month! :( bastages!

Bank of America i had a credit card with....canceled it as soon as i heard about them catering to illegals with credit cards that don't require Social security numbers to get!!!

Wells Fargo i have my mortage with and no complains at all...nice to deal with all around so far...(5yrs now)

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have an account with B of A due to logistics. I would not use them unless you have no other option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts