Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We decided to take a little boat ride this afternoon. The lake was as smooth as glass.Well for a little while the boat was a rockin,but thats for a different site.
Sucked for me but the Mrs. liked the calm.

The weather called for a 70% chance of rain tomorrow,so we thought it would be scratched. The weather now looks to be beautiful for tomorrow,depending on which
a-hole of a weather man you listen to.

Well hope everyone enjoyed their day,I sure did:D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Forum Goddess and I are spending tomorrow night on the boat in Rock Hall MD. Meet us at Watermans Crab House for fresh streamed crab, cold beers and lots of dancing. We'll stagger back to the boat at the Marina next door after we;ve had our fun!

- jeff

·
chief bottle washer
1,561 Posts
Took the day off and took Mrs. Eddie out for a day of boating, we had the river pretty much to ourselves until 4:00 or so. I'm a lucky guy.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Ah, no:(
But I am on Saturday (weather permitting:D )

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Red stripe,I think the weather today is gonna be around 90 degrees. The lake was beautiful yesterday,and you are exactly right about having it all to ourselves.

I am going to a Estate auction today,so I most likely wont hit the water until 2 or 3 pm:mad:

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
1boatnut said:
I am going to a Estate auction today,so I most likely wont hit the water until 2 or 3 pm:mad:
Estate auction? WTF?:D Do you go to auctions for the deals and resell the goods on ebay too?:D I know I do:D

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It's Saturday and I'm stuck at the Firehouse..........it's clear, 91 degrees and about a 5 mile an hour breeze........I don't want to be here!!

Good news is..........tommorrow will be the same and I'm hittin the lake early:) :)

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Well, I splash the Baja today!!! What a beautiful day!! Boat runs great (dusted quite a few boats today:D ) and I could ask for better weather. Water was freezing though:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Actually went out today and yesterday. I have never seen St Clair River so calm. I think everyone but us and the other five boats out there were watching the Wings. I figured I would catch the last period at a bar on the water, but hell it was 6-0 and thought it better to just keep boatin'

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Nice day here too, Went to the Edmonds waterfront festival were we had a little get together, 15 boats, we all went out front and did a little speed run so everyone could see what these boats could do. Quite a lot of fun!
Sunday's weather is looking like cr*p.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Tigger said:
hey Todd....bout time you got that thing in the water. nice pics too.
Yeah yeah yeah:D I know:D
I tried to take more pictures because there was some sweet hardware floating around but I couldn't do that and drive the boat, pour drinks, entertain the kids etc at the same time:D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
spent the weekend on the lake opened the boat up for the first time this yeat it hit 59 @ 4500 on the gps, I wanted 65 o-well maybe my next boat :) but had a great time anyhow

·
Registered
313 Posts
Boated all day Saturday. It was great to get out on the water. Sunday was overcast till about 1:30 then the skies cleared. Worked out pretty well, waxed the boat outside.
I hit 80 on my speedo but need to check with GPS. How accurate do you think speedo's are?

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
my experience is that speedo's are always high. I have a Gaffrig Monster speedo that's liquid filled on my Sunsation 288 and it's about 5 MPH high over 40 mph.

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Yea I agree with Jeff, mine when it did work was about 4 MPH on the high side after about 40 or so and was about 3 slow below 40 :D:D thaey are not the most accurate things in the world..... just kinda give you a idea how fast you are going. I think they all read high so the boat builders can say it runs faster than it does....:D:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts