Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

Who Is Ready To Hit The Water ?

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  DonMan 
#1 ·
Been wrenching on the `ol Baja this afternoon. Putting the finishing touches on the Stainless Marine exhaust project. Man, am I ready to go hit the water!!! Temps today are in the low 70`s here in northern Texas. It is quite nice. I am off work for the next 4 days and I plan on finishing up on a couple small maintenance items and hopefully will be ready to drop in the lake Friday or Saturday.
While I have the chance, I would like to wish everyone a SAFE and ENJOYABLE boating season!!! My main goal this summer is to spend every available moment on the boat. My face will stay wind-burned all summer and my skin will become leather-like, but dammit, life is too short to sit on the sofa and let good times pass you by!
So again, I ask: WHO`S READY TO HIT THE WATER ?

#3 ·
I'm ready. I just wish the weather would get there....

My weather forecast on the screen here says "dreary" - what a bummer.

The only problem with the North end of the Chesapeake Bay is that in spring they open the Conowingo Dam which feeds the upper end of the bay and it dumps all kinfs of junk into the bay - tires, telephone poles, etc and navigating can be like walking on eggs. As much I hate to wait, it looks like late april or first of may for me to splash...

- jeff

#7 ·
Ready? :confused: We have been out the last three weekends :D Not sure about this weekend might have to work:eek: but if not I will be out. I still have things to work on, but nothing that makes her un seaworhy:D

#9 ·
Just got back from a windy, rough couple hours on the water. But, I did get out on the lake!!! Wasn`t much fun. Too choppy for top end blasts.
The new 5" exhaust sounds great. Has a mean rumble at idle. I love it! Water was quite rough, not able to take it to it`s potential, hit upper 60`s a couple times before the wife began sqawking....Leave her home next trip.....

#10 ·
Cool Don I guess you are living proof and bad day boating is better than a good day at work huh?????

#12 ·
Friday moring I pulled the cover off her, popped the engine hatch, checked the batteries, pumped the throttle, twisted the key and she fired up after about 8 seconds of cranking.
Not bad for a carbed motor that's been sitting for 5 months.
All I have to do now is get her cleaned up.
Next weekend is the offshore race in St. Cloud, FL.
Can't wait to be back out on the water.

#16 ·
well, the clocks change this coming saturday night, so If sunday is a nice day the boat will get a new coat of wax and maybe I'll put the batteries back in. But no sense in putting the batteries back in unless I'm going to splash it...

we shall see.... I am certainly ready.

- jeff

#18 ·
Went out yesterday morning, temp was 68 at 9:00 AM. Cruised around a bit and then a cold-front blew in as I was loading on the trailer. Today it is 35 degrees......BURRRRR!!!! No boating for me today. Supposed to hit 55 for a high with 25 mph winds.
We have a saying here in Texas: If you don`t like the weather, wait a minute, it will change!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.