Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK So who's ready for the season yet ? Or is everybody else like me, and start a little too late, and looking at a big ole hole where an engine, and drive should go ?

Doug

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Boat launch open April !st------I am ready,even though I plan on doing a few modifications to the 502. Here in the midwest ya never know about the weather. Dude,you live in Georgia,dont you guys boat all year?:D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We don't boat year round.... We generally take a few days off !! Honestly it just depends on the weather, we went out over New Years, then the next day got snow. (but it was gone in a day) I would have been done by now, but had a bunch of travel with work. So I guess I should get off of here, and go out into the shop and get back to work.
Later
D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Yesterday here it was close. If a front had not come in and the weather changed, we would have been in store for a 75 degree day!. I told Karen yesterday morning that the batteries would have gone in the boat and we would have headed down to Marina. The weather around here was been amazing this winter. I never even took my Snow Board out of it's bag! - oh well, I think of the money I saved on lift fees and hotels and all the time I got to spend building this site....

:)

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Haven't started the spring cleanup to the Red Stripe yet. I'm still trying to finish up the winter projects inside the house. :rolleyes:
It still pretty cold up here so I have a couple of weeks before I need to start.
Come on Summer!!:D

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
More than ready!! New interior going in next week. This last weekend we are still dealing with snow ans icy roads, so yea we are ready for a change in weather.
ducHunter:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Our season doesn't start till around May. Got my boat in a cave for storage. KCHOTBOAT is going to paint it for me in aboyt a month or so..............but i'm ready now!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm waiting for the temps to get and stay above freezing. I need to install a new mp3 player and speakers and do some whiting out(vinyl scotch prints) of my old smoked hatches and cabin door. I've got some work ahead of me yet.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Here's a pic of a dock that ice brought down at Lake Perry in Kansas. There is about 16 boats under there. His is a 40ft Sea Ray express with major damage. He has to have it shipped to LOTO to get fixed and most likely won't be ready when the season starts. The real kicker is..... the Marina wants the lease money for this year allready.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Waiting to get the call from Fountain to say come pick it up and I am there. Gambrinus is down there for a little cosmetic work. Warranties are great!!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
so...what does Gambrinus mean?

"The Gambrinus Company, founded by Mr. Carlos Alvarez and headquartered in San Antonio, is a Texas Corporation engaged in the importation, manufacturing, and marketing of malt alcoholic beverages. The Company officially opened for business on January 27, 1986. "

???

·
Registered
562 Posts
Texas is ready!

I've already been out 3 times this month.
GottaLoveIt! Texas weather rules!

I'm ready for some more prop testing
weather (weekdays the lake is almost
empty) this week!

-Chris:p

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
I am so ready for the season to start I'm on these damn forums everyday surf boating. Boats ready to go, new interior, cover, prop, electronics, jackets, just give me 60's weather.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts