Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there today besides me? Nasty boating to say the least! Coming into Middle River I had to steer a quarter turn into the wind to stay on course, 3 to 4 foot rollers until I got past Hart-Miller Island coming in! Just got in from covering the boat and I think the wind is picking up.

·
Registered
833 Posts
man... u guys should cruise lake ontario on a 10-20mph NE wind.... 4 and 5 foot whiches hats. Ontario rarely has "rollers"... they usually come from every direction....At least around the rochester area. When u get out about 10 miles the waves gets scary, but more uniform

·
You BLOT that schit!
2,692 Posts
Was a little nicer going back in than it was heading out. I stalled the starboard motor, got all frantic, ended up having to back all the way out and spin it around out past the docks at the ramp. Funny how it takes a few seconds to realize you have no power steering and the boat is just not responding the way you are expecting..........:dead:

We were crushing some big waves though, wind was nasty all the way out past Turkey Point. Sassafras was MUCH better looking, at least it wasn't full white caps over there. :)

·
12,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Nstylx said:
I don't think I would call the stuff on the Upper Bay this weekend "Rollers"!! As SS32 stated above, one of the roughest weekends on the bay, but well worth it!!!!
I can tell you I saw every description of waves, chop and holes known to man out there Sunday. The farther you came north of the Bay Bridge, the calmer it got. So, depending on what you call the upper bay, you may have been in the "clean" stuff! :bigsmile:

I agree it was a great day to be on the bay!

It was the first time my wife complained about the ride on our 33SS though. :confused1

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I drove across the Bay bridge about 2:00 and the bay looked pretty ugly.

There was a old 27ish' Bayliner cruiser off the trailer on rt. 50 right after the Severn River. The truck and trailer was nowhere to be seen. I think the guy must of figured it would of cost more to clean up the mess than the boats was worth. :laugher:

·
12,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Makin-Memories said:
Saturday and Sunday were both very windy & choppy !
MONDAY made up for it. Water was like glass all day !/B]

You're absolutely right about that! Monday Mrs. Ghart and myself were out on our deck, which overlooks the water where we live, enjoying our daily martini and I said to her, why couldn't the water have been this calm yesterday? :confused1

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
noise pollution said:
Terry, I like your recycled Chesapeake Inn cups. :laugher: I must have 25 of them on my boat. Glad you had a great day.
Hey Mike, we have all kinds of cups on the boat and almost everyone grabs those.
I guess they just feel good in the hand. I know I've always enjoyed having one in my hand :D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.