Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was under the impression that all you had to do for an outboard was stand it up straight and change the gear oil. now i;m hearing the injectors (optimax) need some oil treatment ? if i added say a quart of 2cycle to the full 60 gal gas tank (for a rich mix) as well as stabilizer wouldn't that do it ? :confused: do you still need to fog a 2 cycle ?

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rattlesnake Jake said:
Take it to your daughters in Fla. ;)
break out your carhartts jakey .you're going out in it in november and maybe even december big guy :laugher: :laugher:

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
I still do fog 2 strokes, but remember, change the plugs inthe spring after you burn the fogging oil out.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
i winterized my dads old outboard for about 5 years before he went to an inboard boat.....all i ever did was fog the motor till it choked and died.....i was told all outboard are self draining so putting any antifreeze is a waste....5yrs later and no problems with his motor....just change out the plugs in the spring and run it........oh i also did add stabil to a full tank of gas and ran it to make sure the treated gas was going through the carbs. :)

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
SIGN4BOAT said:
;) last week.
when i retire like you i'm going to winterize like that .just funning with ya bill . missed your pics :winker: i still like that boat

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
must be serious . checking the charts :laugher:

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: winterizing outboards

SIGN4BOAT said:
No kidding, let me know what you find out about the opti's. Last year i just put fuel stabilizer in mine.
is your down time more than 2 months :D

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SIGN4BOAT said:
:D one more for you, the fishing was pretty good ;) When you coming down and fishing with us??
if i left right now i could be there for lunch :D

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Well? What happened to lunch?

We had a couple fronts move through and the Gulf has been 4-6 for almost a week. I am going to Chicago (brrrr) this week for a few days then hopefully be back for some fishing.
We just made reservations at the Key Largo Marriot resort for Thanksgiving. Going to spend 3 days snorkeling and fishing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts