Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are traveling at the end of the month to an area that has no high speed internet....nothing. We need it to work while we are away. Has anyone ever rented a broadband card? I have been looking on the internet and finding limited info.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use a Sprint card that works pretty well. Definately enjoy the freedom of finishing up work on Friday while driving to the lake (I'm not the one driving). I can even work from the dock when needed. Check their website for the coverage in the area that you are going. Unfortunatley just having cell coverage in that area isn't always enough.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its rare that I need a mobile card as I work from home for myself anyway. We are heading to northern Michigan for my Dads b-day and would like to be able to get some work done as well. I dontthink it justifies buying one but a rental might work. Rovair is one of the companies I saw and will be calling tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rovair carries Verizon and Sprint and neither have broadband coverage in the area (Afton Michigan) where I am going. I guess the internet CAN still hide in northern Michigan!

·
Registered
280 Posts
When I went on my vacation to the Keys from Michigan I stopped by my local Sprint store told them that I was interested in trying their mobile broadband. I told them I would be traveling and wanted to see their coverage compared to their competition. The agent gave me a card and software and sent me on my way. They told me to bring it back in a few weeks at no charge. Most networks will let you borrow a demo for a week or 2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts