Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to buy a house at Lake Texoma. We`ve been looking for weeks now.
Speedwake member "aboutime" hooked me up with his realtor friend. She has been great and we finally decided on a house and officially presented an offer yesterday. We expect to receive a reply this morning.

House is on Preston peninsula, about 1000 feet from lakeshore.

Attachments

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Good luck, you rich bastrid! :p:

Nice looking place. Can you steal it?

·
Founding Member
923 Posts
Very nice place. Good luck!!!

You may need a smaller boat, though, if you want to store it inside that building on the right :laugher:

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone !

I hope I don`t jinx myself with this -- they haven`t accepted my offer yet - still waiting. :rolleyes:

Yes, I think I`m getting a GREAT deal.

Mike --- yes, we will definately have some drinks after we close on this. I think Lynn will owe you a couple. :)

Chris --- plenty of room. 4 bedroom / 3 bath, 2700+ feet. I`ve got a closet you can stay in. :laugher:

There is a nice area to the left of house where the boat will be parked. Hope to build a carport / shop soon.

.... Still waiting with fingers crossed. :)

·
Innocent Bystander
1,498 Posts
Woo Hoo!!! I hope it comes together for you! Nice reflection in the window in pic 2. It looks like you're in your home already. How far are you from Highport?

btw, I'll go ahead and submit my requirement for at least a 30'x10' pad, it doesn't have to be covered but that would be nice, too. :D

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Schnook said:
How far are you from Highport?

btw, I'll go ahead and submit my requirement for at least a 30'x10' pad, it doesn't have to be covered but that would be nice, too. :D
Less than 10 minutes to Highport Marina.

I`ll build a pad for your boat ---- just leave the keys and a gas card ! :winker:

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Good Luck!! Hope all goes well for ya...
Any plans for new or different boat(s) after the move???

Just curious. Since being on the lil' inland lake i live on, I own stuff I had no interest in otherwise. Pontoons top the lists around me.

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well it looks like I bought a house !

They did not accept my first offer, so I raised it $8000 and made another offer. They have verbally accepted that.
This house was foreclosed on the builder and I`m buying from a bank, so there is a lot of paperwork on their end. It should be 100% official in about 2-3 business days. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RSCHAP1 said:
Any plans for new or different boat(s) after the move???
I would say - no changes planned at this time.

Lake Texoma is a very large inland lake and can get pretty rough at times. My boat will handle it just fine. A pontoon would be nice to have when the extended family visits though.

OK, another pic :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
greeneyedbeacher said:
CONGRATS! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Wait... can you get high-speed internet there???
Good question.

Actually we have researched this. I have wireless currently and it does pretty well there. Satellite is available also. I should be OK.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts