Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Geez! Too many to list!
When about 10-11 years old, a buddy and me climbed the water tower that was a few blocks from home. Water tower is about 200 ft. tall. We were able to slip under the fence and then found some wood crates next to the shed. We needed these to reach the ladder. We climbed up to the catwalk that surrounds the tank and we're enjoying the view. No problems at all. :D
Well, someone seen us up there and called the police and fire depts. Next thing you know there's a whole neighborhood of people watching us. Two firemen climbed up to take us down. They wanted to put a harness on each of us to help us down. When they rigging the harness, we took off for the ladder and climbed down on our own. The adults were yelling and the kids were cheering. Seemed really strange at the time. We were never really scared during the whole thing until the cops grabbed us on the ground. We were then put into their car and taken to the police station. Our parents showed up next. :(
They wanted to charge us with tresspassing, but my great-uncle, who was county sheriff at the time, got us released to our parents without any charges. We did get about an hour long lecture though. The real trouble started when we got home. We both got the belt and grounded for a month. :mad:
The grounding only lasted a week, so we were off to find something else to get into too! :D
Best part was that we made the papers so the whole town knew. Famous for a day ! :)

Ok Jeff, whats yours ??:D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here's mine.

I was 10 years old and down the street playing at Harry Miller's house. He lived in a really big old house with lots of rooms. Cool place to play. His parents were deaf & dumb so they never complained about us making nosie (I know it's cruel - but true).

I had bought these really cool smoke bombs and we were lighting them and throwing them around. The folks that lived next door to him had a really nice house (his place was pretty delapidated) so I knew his next doors neighbors didn't like his family and the guy next door was always yelling at us for walking across his yard, etc.

I threw one of the smoke bombs over into the neighbors yard. It was the middle of summer and the grass was brown... well - his yard started burning!!!!

I thought - OH SH?T! - so Harry and I ran over and started stamping on the grass trying to put the fire out.

This guy comes running out of his house screaming and stamping too and yelling at me saying he was going to have me arrested and thrown in jail - that scared me pretty well.

I went home and fessed up to my mother about what happened.

God I loved my mother.

Her words were "Never mind him - he's an as?hole and everyone knows it. That must have been pretty funny. I wish I could have been there so see it. Don't worry, you're not going to jail - now go to your room - you're grounded!!!!!"

:)

- jeff

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
What is it with kids and fire???

When I was 13, I was madly in love with this 15 year old boy, Chris, who lived in the development next to mine. Between the 2 communities was a wooded park with a really big creek running through the center. The creek and the bridge over it acted as a dividing line between the 2 neighborhood 'gangs'.

One summer night a girlfriend and I went to the park after dark because we heard that Chris and his friends like to go there and hang-out on their side of the park, and we thought this would be a good way to get his attention. Now you have to know that I was the biggest goody-goody of the neighborhood... I never went anywhere I wasn't supposed to and never hung-out with troublemakers. Chris was a really sweet guy, but he did have rowdy friends, and when my friend and I showed up, the boys started acting-up to impress us.

Well, it went from who can throw things the furthest and who can whistle the loudest to who can start the biggest fire. The boys teamed up and took every piece of loose wood they could find and kept building their blazes higher and higher. One eventually engulfed a nearby park bench, and we all knew we were in trouble when sparks started landing on the grass and leaves near by and they started to smolder. Next thing we knew we heard sirens coming from both sides of the park, and everyone bolted in different directions. I remember standing there thinking, oh good they're coming to put out the fires - never dreaming that if I'm caught standing there I'd be in trouble or at least forced to rat out the boys who started it all.

My girlfriend ran off toward home, and suddenly someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into the woods... it was Chris. I didn't even know that he knew I existed, but there I was running as fast as I could through the bushes with him holding my hand; I was loving every scratch and scrape I was getting. Well next thing I knew we were crouched in some weeds and there are cops everywhere looking for the kids involved. I remember him holding on to me to keep me out of sight and I was just thrilled to be so close to him. He continued to dart us from weed patch to bush whenever the coast was clear until we eventually made it out of the park about an hour later. We didn't say too much to each other, but I thanked him for getting me out of there.

The next day we found out that all of the other kids were caught by police, even my girlfriend, and some of the boys were arrested for starting the fires. Chris and I never really talked about what happened that night, but a week later at a friend's party he gave me my first real kiss... I remember it was awesome! I'll never forget the night of the fires or the boy who gave me 2 of the biggest thrills of my life. Thanks, Chris! :)

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
greeneyedbeacher:Quote:We didn't say too much to each other, but I thanked him for getting me out of there.

So how did you thank him??:D

Also would you 2 get a room,remember now kiddies can be watching. Oh boy!!!!!!!!!!:laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
1boatnut said:
greeneyedbeacher:Quote:We didn't say too much to each other, but I thanked him for getting me out of there.

So how did you thank him??:D
I thanked him the way any good 13 year old girl would...

"Thank you, Chris" :D

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
OK, when I start seeing threads like this, the weather is starting to get to the Northern Boaters, damn, just give me 60 on a weekend and no rain and I am ready to go! Michigan has an inch of ran coming Saturday, the day of our first OSO get together by boat (sorry Jeff, but it started there, maybe we can get them to migrate).

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tom, I have no problem or issue at all with your mentioning Offshore Onlly. I think it's a great secondary source for high performance boating information :)

Of course you already know the best Primary source of high performance boating information.....

:) :) :) :) :)

- jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts